How to get the discount?

46 minutes ago, Gumboots said:

On the front web page 'Games' (top bar) has an 'Upgrades' option. Click on that and it displays all the CMSF upgrade options.

exactly.  Order what you want and then go to the my accounts page/my orders and get your activation key for CMSF1.  You will need that to activate CMSF2.

I didn't have it in my orders page either, but that was due to the order being done in a legacy system (2007). A helpdesk ticket quickly fixed that.

To answer your question: if you buy the CMSF2 upgrade, you will need both the new and the old keys. That goes for the main game as well as the modules. For example I bought the big bundle upgrade. Licenses entered: big bundle upgrade, old marine module, old brit module, old nato module and old main game. Although the last one I couldn't find anymore.