A weapon that would be difficult to model in a turn based game

An anti-tank weapon that can be fired beyond line of sight and retargeted while the missile is flying. MBDA MMP.
It wouldn't work properly in current CM game engine. I don't know  how this kind of behaviour could be modeled in turn based playing modes, because AFAIK turn movie events are precalculated and user interaction is allowed only every 60 seconds when you plan next turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JaUrsGGGos

Yes, there are also versions of Spike which can be used against targets the launcher team cannot see.

"The long and extended range versions of the Spike also have the capability of "Fire, Observe and Update" operating mode. The missile is connected by a fiber-optical wire that is spooled out between the launch position and the missile. With this, the operator can obtain a target if it is not in the line of sight of the operator at launch, switch targets in flight, or compensate for the movement of the target if the missile is not tracking the target for some reason. Hence, the missile can be fired speculatively for a target of opportunity, or to provide observation on the other side of an obstacle"

Spike-NLOS

"the British Army was hastily equipped with the missile, drawn directly from IDF inventory after being exposed to increasing insurgent attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan beginning in 2007. The UK initially acquired 600 missiles, which it designated EXACTOR-1 in British service, later procuring a more advanced variant designated EXACTOR-2"

Edited by SlowMotion

use target area command or even better hull down command when missile is at peak and the gunner spots a target the tac ai decides what to engage and what targets to prioritize.
Normal you dont shoot such a weapon without at least a hint that there might be a target worth using the ammo so the contact markers could be a good hint to wher to aim.
the rest must be handelt by the tac ai.

Edited by =Marder=

I think what you wrote could be possible. Some other units might have spotted that there are some vehicles behind a hill.
Then  the AT missile team would launch a missile to that area and AI would decide which target to attack.

Are you saying this area fire for some existing CMSF2 missile is already in the game? Which missiles?

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, =Marder= said:

use target area command or even better hull down command when missile is at peak and the gunner spots a target the tac ai decides what to engage and what targets to prioritize.
Normal you dont shoot such a weapon without at least a hint that there might be a target worth using the ammo so the contact markers could be a good hint to wher to aim.
the rest must be handelt by the tac ai.

I doubt very much that speculative launches are possible in game. The Tac AI will not fire unless there is a target to fire at and if the player wants a missile to launch at something in particular, rather than leave it to the Tac AI, they have to issue a target command. Once the missile is in the air it will invariably track to the painted action spot or to the painted vehicle (if the latter is still in LOS for wire guided weapons). Even on the biggest maps, missile flight time in most cases is going to be less than a standard WEGO turn which makes intervening in the engagement by the player issuing a target arc command, nigh on impossible.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but I don't think I am.