AI is a gamey bastard!!!

mad.gifmad.gif

I'll never play this stupid game again!!!

What it does? It uses crews to assault the AT team that killed

their vechile! It's happened several times already.

And with no weaponry bazooka/schreck teams are almost defenseless.

Puuhh...puuhhh..uuuhhh...time to fire up another scenario.

Screaming helps smile.gif

In the cross roads scnario which comes with the demo called Change Encounter I several times used StugIII crews to back up my counter attack and won decisively. Sure the crews know how to use their small arms too!

You will find when you play PBEM that the cost of using crews goes against you when the points are tallied. Sure you can use them (crews did have light weapons as did the AT teams the trade off is both have pistols in the game), but the cost of the lost crew is high. I use my crews to guard the POW's. and I don't let the AT crews sit there without a little hidden inf support to back up the attack. Might be able to get away with that with the AI. In a PBEM you'll have your ears boxed in short order. This the lession I learned the hard way...LOL

What it does? It uses crews to assault the AT team that killed their vechile! It's happened several times already.

Here`s how it goes:

`Hans, look, there`s that bastard with the Panzerschreck who just knocked out our Panzer mad.gif And he`s all alone his tube isn`t loaded and there are three of us biggrin.gif What should we do confused.gif `

What a tactic! I'm going to petition BTS to add a Dismount crew button. That way I won't have to waste my time getting all my tanks killed before I overwhelm the enemy with killer tank crews!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

...But the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks, 'Play up! Play up! and play the game!' Vitai Lampada--Sir Henry Newboldt

Play the game! Motto of 1st Bn, 50th Infantry, US Army.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BorderBill:

What a tactic! I'm going to petition BTS to add a Dismount crew button. That way I won't have to waste my time getting all my tanks killed before I overwhelm the enemy with killer tank crews!!! biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's funny BorderBill! (Well, maybe I do,but still...) When one of my little panzershreck teams actually gets up the gumption to knock out an enemy tank, I get kinda attached to the little guys. And then the crew, like a bunch of sour infantry wannabee hamster touchers, start popping away with their Webleys....

*That's* why the panzers in the bocage scenario keep wanting to target bailed out crews instead of tanks.....

Actually I'm not sure if the AI actually intends to charge

my AT team, or if it's just trying to get them into nearest cover.

As to why I don't put a company of infantry to cover the team,

it's easier to hide a two man team. rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PvK:

BTW shouldn't bazooka-type units (and FO's) have sidearms, too?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. And at least one rifle or carbine. It's not that I want to perform Audie Murphy-style heroics with them, but an "empty" bazooka team or FO should at least be able to fend off gang-raping hamsters.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

But when you think about it, if you were driving your fresh new Afv down the road, and somebody puts a screck into it, my first reaction would be to be scared. The next reaction would be to get pissed off!!

And when they popped the hatch to see some HitlerYouth with an empty bottle rocket, they probably decided to egt out and teach him a lesson.

(having another squad hidden nearby in LOS would have sent that crew whimpering away, but shcreck teams arent as scary looking on foot)

Guest Scott Clinton

As far as the bazooka crews and side arms and gamey tactics thing goes I don't think its much of an issue.

IIRCC BTS was going to add side arms for bazooka crews and just never got around to it prior to release.

This attitude may have changed or it may still be coming in a patch, I don't really know where it stands now. confused.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Small QB, defending a village against night attack. I have one platoon of Fallschirmjaeger (that's it), a 20mm Flak, and an IG.

The guns get wasted.

You BET the crews just made it into the infantry. They will hold a little house or something and fight to the last cartridge, gamey or not. It's the Alamo, fer chrissakes, and everybody who can hold a weapon is gonna use it.

Sue me. biggrin.gif

I guy I know who used to play a whole lotta ASL once did something that was probably even gamey-er. (For those of you who know him, it was Gary Fortenbery). He had a PzIV in a '45 scenario where the Ruskies had a IS-2, or some such massive heavy tank. The other guy was laughing at him as he pulled up next to some woods that separated the tanks. Gary then makes his task check to dismount the crew and enter the woods. Next turn during defensive fire they make their Panzerfaust roll and pop a hole in the IS-2. Next turn they hop back in the Pv-Iv and drive away...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

How do you suppose they manage to fit it in that little wheel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem- just scale the unit size to realistic. The wheel is a terrain feature and is not resized (manual p.17).

Hamstertruppen are no laughing matter! Wait to you stumble across some Elite Gerbiljaeger in thick cedar chips and tell me who has the last laugh!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quentin:

I guy I know who used to play a whole lotta ASL once did something that was probably even gamey-er. (For those of you who know him, it was Gary Fortenbery). He had a PzIV in a '45 scenario where the Ruskies had a IS-2, or some such massive heavy tank. The other guy was laughing at him as he pulled up next to some woods that separated the tanks. Gary then makes his task check to dismount the crew and enter the woods. Next turn during defensive fire they make their Panzerfaust roll and pop a hole in the IS-2. Next turn they hop back in the Pv-Iv and drive away...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds beautifully done to me smile.gif