Midwest Chapter of CM'ers

I'm from one of them states.

How about the rest of you?

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 05-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Dude:

Wisconsin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, Wisconsin, weell, they're like younger brothers/sisters. Michigan; the farther north you go the more reasonable they are. Illinois, now, well, I don't know. Yer lot should be on their own, or maybe, just maybe, talk with the Indiana and Ohio sort. smile.gif

Minneapolis.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Hey well now, Madmatt is from Ohio, so I wouldn't be gettin' your panties all in a bunch.

Then again, why did you post in the Midwest Chapter thread if you don't consider yourselves Midwesterners?

Try to start a thread about a geographic region and someone has to be a jack-ass about it. It's especially sad that you're bashing your own region. Very pitiful...

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 05-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Hey well now, Madmatt is from Ohio, so I wouldn't be gettin' your panties all in a bunch.

Then again, why did you post in the Midwest Chapter thread if you don't consider yourselves Midwesterners?

Try to start a thread about a geographic region and someone has to be a jack-ass about it. It's especially sad that you're bashing your own region. Very pitiful...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My apologies (to some extent). The original post was meant to be tongue in cheek, but it loses some of that flavor when you view it later and find your whole last paragraph is gone because your ISP dumped you while trying to post! When I got back on, I didn't even see my post, so I assumed I'd lost the whole thing (probably got a cached page)

Fully half my friends of 20 years standing live in Illinois (and three of my closest, lifelong friends live in Ohio, where I have lived myself). My original last paragraph, replete with inummerable smilies, dealt with the tendency of Minnesotans to view with suspicion our co-Midwesterners (I was in fact poking fun at that tendency).

Given your quickness to take offense and assume there was no joke meant, I'll just say I was thinking in terms of the Upper Midwestern, or Ãœber-Midwest chapter. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 05-30-2000).]