Just saying hello :-)

Hello Sgt Steiner, Welcom.

I am new as well, 3 days. So far all the people i have had the plesure of trading post's with have been very friendly. Im happy to be part of this group of war gamers. Still waiting on my copy. ( i orderd it sat afternoon) I think i snuck in under the wire.

Welcome aboard Steiner,

Yes, get and play the demo. You will be quite pleased I'm sure. I and most of the others on this forum played the demo for a long time while waiting for CM's release.

Good to have along. smile.gif

Out here....

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

Borg? Borg? Where the HELL is the CM Borg? You just can't trust those clowns. "You will be assimilated" yeah right, as long as they're not taking a break.

Anyway, welcome to the board ... you'll find out about the Borg shortly I'm sure ... and enjoy this great game to which we've all become addicted.

Joe

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Borg? Borg? Where the HELL is the CM Borg? You just can't trust those clowns. "You will be assimilated" yeah right, as long as they're not taking a break.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'll take it upon myself to fill in for the guy. So here it goes.

*Ahem*

I am Locutus of Borg. You will, uh, surrender your sanity and, uh, sleep patterns and prepare to be assimilated.

That was supposed to be in my best Patrick Stewart voice, but I doubt it comes through on a computer monitor. Welcome to the forum, Sgt. Steiner.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

Guest TURBO

Welcome to the group. Don't worry about the addiction its really not that bad giving up life as you knew it. The bad part is the withdrawls when you can't play. On the way to work the other day drove by a hill with a few oaks scattered on it and thought what a position for a pak 40 and plt. of infantry.

Hi Fionn et al

Originally posted by Fionn:

Ah, Steiner is actually probably a "mid-timer". He might be a newbie here but he's hung out on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical forever haven't you Steiner?

Well yes (kinda makes me feel old) and I have played the CM Demos (Old & Gold) have had full version of CM for couple weeks so I am newish to its full frontal joy :)

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt Steiner:

I have played the CM Demos (Old & Gold) have had full version of CM for couple weeks so I am newish to its full frontal joy :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have been assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

Hi Davina smile.gif

Originally posted by pcelt:

Welcome you boring old fart. Been to any good "Pikerdice" sessions lately?

Damn pcelt (he isnt really a Celt you know) you have let my secret out ! redface.gif

Yours (but only for a fee)

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

[This message has been edited by Sgt Steiner (edited 08-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatAWilson:

LOL - I always liked the corporal with the Russian equipment. When asked why he didn't bathe his response was "I found out at Stalingrad that dirt combned with body oils makes you waterproof"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found out the exact same thing when I played the demo. For a few weeks. On end.

Btw, where's my pbem file? And welcome aboard.

------------------

Geier

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett