A cmbo Tournament

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all the players that I will be contacting, please let me know here if you are not contacted or wanted in this tournament.

Ales Dvorak

Zweihorn

melb_will

MOS was 71331---email address came back as not active.

K.A. Miles

Neil

Gavlong

Gort

U8led

Bert Hamoen

ozi_digger

fiaros

dinga44

dinga44 Friend

WARHAMMER

Mikado

[ August 17, 2005, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

This list shows the players who are signed in and ready to participate.

Ales Dvorak

Zweihorn -signed in

melb_will -signed in

MOS was 71331

K.A. Miles -signed in

Neil (Major Tum)-signed in

Gavlong -signed in

Gort -signed in

U8led -signed in

Bert Hamoen -signed in

ozi_digger -signed in

fiaros -signed in

dinga44 -signed in

dinga44 Friend

WARHAMMER -signed in

Mikado-signed in

[ August 17, 2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

I will start "CMBO-from out of the dust" tread once I have sign ups finished. I will be closing

this thread at that time. I will post results and needed information on that thread. Also it will be available for Screen shots, trash talking, AAR's or any other issues with the Tournament.

Zweihorn, I still have not received your response, double check the address you are using. Also I will tell you to go ahead and send it also to the return address I asked you not to use, it might be getting block, so try both addresses.

The reason I have asked you all not to use that address is that it will be disappearing very soon.

I thank you all for the "comments given" on my efforts so far, lets hear what you say after your matchups.

I would like to point out that Kingfish has been kind enough to give me some help and advice. He has also provided a scenario for each month. So please let him know also your thanks.

You play several custom made scenarios against other players who are assigned to your group or section. In the case of this tournament, and the very similar but larger ROWs, the winners of the first round proceed to the finals, where there is another round of scenarios and playing before the ultimate winner is announced. In some tournaments you could go up several levels before reaching the top.

The games are generally played via PBEM, although TCP is an option. Most scenarios are small to medium affairs, and average about 30 turns give or take.

The scenarios are arranged so that FOW is preserved throughout the setup and game.

The intense competition, played on custom scenarios, and the general comraderie between players makes for a very enjoyable experience. Many who have played cared not whether they won or lost, but were there simply for the experience.