A cmbo Tournament

Originally posted by slysniper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Count me in - Only played online live so will need to learn how to do it by email.

You might be able to play tcp if your opponant is

willing, but I doubt that many would since it is PBEM format. I would suggest that you find someone and do a couple of PBEM before then so that it will not be a problem at Tournament time, it is not hard but it does take a little getting use to. Sometimes getting files from someone can be a little challenging because of firewalls and such. </font>

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the prize if I win?

Well, with a entree of a $1000.00 U.S. dollars the winner will win a vacation trip to the Bahamas.

Since the last I heard , this is free to enter, I am not wealthy with a desire to give large sums of money away to someone for playing a game they love anyway.

The winner will be receiving a certificate of achievement and the satisfaction of knowing they have played well amongst their peers. Of course if someone else has a great desire to give away large sums of money or such, feel free to contact me.

Now we are def on should we talk about ground rules.

Ie will we need to do AAR's. If people are going to be good enough to design maps for us I def vote yes for this.

Will be playing with pre-picked forces or will we get to pick our own. (i vote for pre-picked as there are a lot of new players but balance might be an issue)

If we can pick our own will we be using a rule set?

Gameyness?

There is a few anyway

Cheers

Will

Now we are def on should we talk about ground rules.

Ie will we need to do AAR's. If people are going to be good enough to design maps for us I def vote yes for this.

Will be playing with pre-picked forces or will we get to pick our own. (i vote for pre-picked as there are a lot of new players but balance might be an issue)

If we can pick our own will we be using a rule set?

Gameyness?

There is a few anyway

Scenarios will have pre-selected units, no purchasing of units will be planned. I hope for a mix of topics and tactics in the type of scenarios that will be used. Part of why I have this new scoring system is for the balence question. A scenario might be totally one sided, and you might have the losing side, but if you preform the best playing that side you shall gain as many points as the best player from the strong side. Also if you can actually win with the force, you will likely receive bonus points for achieving that.

The AAR's are fun but I am not requiring them from the participants.

Originally posted by melb_will:

Alright, I'm going home tonight so I should have my copy of BO tomorrow. If you would like a warm up game before the tourney send me an email.

Cheers

Will

Count me in for the tourney (even if there is no prize tongue.gif ).

I'll take you up on that PBEM, Will.

Helps too when players are in same time zone - you get a lot me turns sent at night & on weekends.

dinga 44

Hi Slysniper,

Can you count me and one other person into the tourney if there are any spots left available.

What else do I need to do for us to join in?

You will need to provide email addresses for one thing, I will be contacting everyone here soon.

Other than that, you can join. I notice that you are a newer member which is great. Hope you have done some PBEM so that it is not all new to you.

Starting the matches can be a challenge at times if you are not use to doing email and the problems that can exist.

So a reminder to all, if you are new to PBEM, try and get a few games in so that you have a feel for it.

Hi Slysniper,

Actually have been playing CMBO for quite a number of years and lost my old battlefront password (due to lack of use)...but I can fully understand you thinking I'm new to this smile.gif

I have updated my profile so my email address is available. Is this ok for you? If so send me an email and I'll give you the other players details. He has been playing CMBO for quite a number of years as well.

Thanks for organising this Tourney...it's great to see :D:D

I know this isn't the right place for this but I am in the Tourney...

As I haven't played by email before 'Will' has kindly offered a game with me, which we have started.

The problem is Hotmail. When I download the file, Hotmail just opens the file in my webrowser. I then have to copy and paste it into notepad and save it.

Is this right? Because I usually just save the file straight to disk. Have looked on Hotmail options but didnt find anything?

Neil, I have had to do this before and it is possible. Basically you have to copy the hotmail file (all the text) then paste it into a text file. Open this file in the game.

As long as there is not other writing in the hotmail file you should be able to use Ctrl A (to select the entire file), Ctrl C (to copy the data), then open the new text file and use Ctrl V (to paste the information into it).

Hope this helps tongue.gif

The original date was at the start of Sept.

and this is still the case unless I can get the scenarios in the finished state sooner. A bunch of late interest with new people could make it hard.

NOTE TO ALL: This is the last week to request to be be in this tournament, confirmation emails are coming out this weekend.

Also the name of the Tournament Is

"CMBO - From out of the Dust"

seems fitting since some think CMBO is dead,

at the moment we have 15 possible participants,

looking good guys.