CM endurance marathon

5 hours sounds kinda light dude. I have been in a file transfer PBEM game with my father for the past 5 hours and we are at turn 7 out of 16. We plan to play the whole. 10 hours a couple of times maybe 12 once.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Are you talking about against the AI or PBEM?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean time spent in front of a computer playing CM, basically nonstop. Bathroom and snack breaks are ok.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I mean time spent in front of a computer playing CM, basically nonstop. Bathroom and snack breaks are ok.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good while back I started a PBEM game with JuJu. I sent him my first file at 10:30am EST and kept playing until after midnight. We averaged a file every half hour or so. In between files I played small (500 pt) AI games or surfed the BBS. What's really remarkable is that JuJu lives in Eindhoven, so he was up past 3am.

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

Longest nonstop CM time - 11 Hrs.

Longest nonstop PC game time ever - 22.5 Hrs playing Sid Meier's Civilization (1st time I ever played it, and I was much younger then) biggrin.gif

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

[This message has been edited by IntelWeenie (edited 09-14-2000).]

Lightweights. Here’s the definition of a CM “lost weekend:”

Come home from work Friday evening with a case of beer. Play until overcome by sleep or double vision. Wake up hung over on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and play till 10:00 p.m., no beer. Repeat on Sunday, finish case. Monday morning rolls around and the horror of reality sets in: What the hell did I do this weekend?! Why is the lawn 12 inches tall and the kitchen counter covered in beer cans?

Combat Mission; addictive as crack and twice the fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Come home from work Friday evening with a case of beer. Play until overcome by sleep or double vision. Wake up hung over on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and play till 10:00 p.m., no beer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why no beer? What's up with that? Beer is good food! smile.gif

ianc

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianc:

ianc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beer isn’t food, it’s a lubricant to over-aggressive tactics. Cold cereal and instant coffee, now that’s food. Five minutes of slurping and you’re back at the computer!

Well, I didn't count the hours. It started on saturday with a turn from Crocky who lives in NZ, continues through the night with Freyland ( US ) end ended on dawn sunday morning when I had to wave the white flag.

In the cease fire phases ( where I didn't recieve any turns) I mutated into a forum refreshment junkie and QB grunt. Lots of cics and cups of coffee became KIAs on that day and I tried to keep my morale at a high level by remembering the famous words of my Feldwebel: " OG Schug! You have enough time to sleep at the end of the month!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Is coffee gamey? I don't think that the US Army had their coffee in the middle of a pitched battle, so I reckon that this is a VERY gamey tactic, and I'll vehemently discourage it's use in all of my PBEM's! frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's well known that the British in Africa in WW2 paused for tea. As a matter of fact, at one point, both sides agreed not to fight after dark to make it easier for everyone. A newly arrived British officer who was unaware of the agreement captured some Germans, but the embarrassed British gave them back with profuse apologies and promises to shoot the offending officer if he did it again.

In the interest of fair play, when the British captured the only water truck of an Italian brigade in the desert, they gave it back to the italians so that they could fight without dying of thirst.

Henri

"God dammit, war is beautiful!..." (Patton)

I got the game 3 months ago. I have now been at the computer non-stop since that moment. I have an IV bag in my left arm feeding me a glucose paste for nutrition and have had my entire lower digestive system removed so i don't ever need to leave for the bathroom (all done under local anesthetic so I could continue playing) My roommate comes in and flips me over twice a day, so I don't get bedsores on my butt, and sponges me down.

The carpal tunnel syndrome at this point is so bad that I've resorted to banging on the keyboard with my forehead and using my toes to manipulate the mouse. I've gone clinically blind, but have become so assimilated with the game, that I can maneuver my way around the map by sense of smell. I have no friends left except a bunch of people on the forum that i've never even met.

God, I can't wait for CM2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

I got the game 3 months ago. I have now been at the computer non-stop since that moment. I have an IV bag in my left arm feeding me a glucose paste for nutrition and have had my entire lower digestive system removed so i don't ever need to leave for the bathroom (all done under local anesthetic so I could continue playing) My roommate comes in and flips me over twice a day, so I don't get bedsores on my butt, and sponges me down.

The carpal tunnel syndrome at this point is so bad that I've resorted to banging on the keyboard with my forehead and using my toes to manipulate the mouse. I've gone clinically blind, but have become so assimilated with the game, that I can maneuver my way around the map by sense of smell. I have no friends left except a bunch of people on the forum that i've never even met.

God, I can't wait for CM2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA HA HA!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

God, I can't wait for CM2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get's my vote for post of the day! too funny

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianc:

ianc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed! I am thinking that I will restrict myself to playing only those as drunk as I am ...hic!

Of course that always ends up in a melancholy exchange at midnight of .."I can't shoot your Panzer..cause... I love you man! "

Then...." I love you too, but your not getting my bud light dude"

"Drat!"

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.