Mixed units in large battles

Reaper

Hey,

So I am still a relative newbie here, and I've been reading Fionn's AAR for the last few days on CMHQ, and I have a question. How did Fionn get units from Regular to Elite in the same battle?

I can only assume that:

A.) This was a feature of 1.03 that has been eliminated

B.) It was not a quick battle.

I received my copy of CM right about the time that 1.04/1.05 were released so I have been patched ever since. There have been occasions when I would love to buy "scattered" qualities, but QB won't allow it.

I noticed that the scenario builder lets me pick whatever I want, but I got the impression that the AAR was from a QB.

Thanks for any insights!

Reaper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

Just switch the purchase units setting to "Allow Human" in the QB screen

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey,

That doesn't work. I always allow for the Human purchase element, but I can't pick Regulars and Elites in the same battle because you have to pick Low (Green and Conscript), Medium (Regular and Veteran) or High (Veteran, Crack, Elite) at scenario setup. There is no "ALL" option.

Thanks anyway.

Reaper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He set the battle up using the scenario creator. That way you can have any mix of troops.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why we can't do this on quick battles. I'd love to keep some cheap green troops in back as reserves while I let my regs and vets do the frontline fighting. Can we get a patch for this BTS so we have more of a selection? Or will this count against the frame rate too? tongue.gif

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reaper:

Hey,

That doesn't work. I always allow for the Human purchase element, but I can't pick Regulars and Elites in the same battle because you have to pick Low (Green and Conscript), Medium (Regular and Veteran) or High (Veteran, Crack, Elite) at scenario setup. There is no "ALL" option.

Thanks anyway.

Reaper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<-- misunderstood the question

<-- is a moron

<-- is leaving now

*sniff*

;)

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

He set the battle up using the scenario creator. That way you can have any mix of troops.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did he do this without finding out what his opponent's units were? He didn't list what his opponent had. Or can you select whatever troops you want, if the map was previously created?

I previously read the reason that they don't allow all levels of troops in a QB is because it would be gamey. I guess they didn't want people saving points by just buying green troops for easy jobs and crack troops for the difficult ones. Therefore increasing the total number of troops they could buy for a given number of points.

Theron

[This message has been edited by Theron (edited 09-19-2000).]

Buy some conscript nebelwurfer boys. They can't make those indiscriminate killers any better, but they would be cheap enough to make your opponent wet his pants. Nothing worse than watching nebels come in (randomly) and praying your troops don't take one. Of course, you can be consoled in that your opponent is wetting his pants to about launching such a foolhardy attack.

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

Colonel_Deadmarsh wrote

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why we can't do this on quick battles. I'd love to keep some cheap green troops in back as reserves while I let my regs and vets do the frontline fighting. Can we get a patch for this BTS so we have more of a selection? Or will this count against the frame rate too?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think about how gamey this would be though. I'm going to buy some conscript jeeps to scout and some conscript MMG carriers and halftracks to support my troops while all my frontline troops are elite. There should be some limits on experience level in a QB to avoid min-maxing.

--Chris

• 4 weeks later...