Which is the BEST Operation?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

This belongs in the scenario forum but all the WBW op's pluss one outstanding Operation Carentan (which is the best I've played so far).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too liked Carentan best (played as Germans. If played as Americans you might want to give the Germans + 25% troops.

------------------

Give me hamsters or give me night!

You might also like to try a fairly new oppo called "Stoumont" by Frank M. Radoslovich. It's 11 battles x 25 turns. I've only played the first few battles but i reckon it's pretty good so far. You can d/l it from the scenario section at the CM-HQ.

Thanks Howard, and you are all right. Carentan is a top notch operation. Well worth the time playing it.

I'll be offering a new one by the end of this month of Task Force Butler in the fighting around Montelimar in southern France as a part of Operation Dragoon.

Also a revised Desobry will go up soon which will allow you a good possibility of playing it through...no sudden cutoff as before.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Carentan, anything by WBW, anything by Moon. I'm looking forward to the revised DeSobry, Bill! Thanks again for all your tireless efforts on behalf of CM!

Moon's ops are all very well done, IMO. McKinley's Bn and Utrechtseweg are great. I'd like to put in a good word for Moon's "Drive to Mortain," which I haven't seen mentioned. Play as Yanks, and the pressure's on to advance, though you know there's gonna be ambushes every step of the way.

I've enjoyed the first battles of Shanley's Stand, Task Force Rose (by M. Hunkele on Moon's site), and Operation Sea Lion, but haven't played them all the way through yet.

[This message has been edited by RudeLover (edited 09-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

You might also like to try a fairly new oppo called "Stoumont" by Frank M. Radoslovich. It's 11 battles x 25 turns. I've only played the first few battles but i reckon it's pretty good so far.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2nd that, haveing a blast with it.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.