Bug? MG can't fire from bunker

Some concrete bunkers in the game have a machinegun installed, some have not. I have put a HMG42 team in a bunker without the machinegun, thinking that they would be able to use their own MG.

However, the MG does not deploy, and even worse, the MG42 guy refuses to fire, even though his four rifle buddies are happily firing away.

Is this working as intended?

When selecting the bunker it does say "bunker", so I think it's not a shelter.

Also another thing, not sure if it matters or not, but the leader of the MG crew is in the back of the bunker and hunkered down on one knee while spotting with his binoculars. I'm not sure if this means he can't physically see out of the bunker vision slit?

On 21/1/2018 at 11:57 PM, Vanir Ausf B said:

Turns out it's not a bug. The HMG42 is classified in the game as a "heavy" weapon type and that category of weaponry is not allowed to be used in shelter bunkers.

Hm, ok. Thanks. But I'm trying to use it in semi-deployed mode, not on the tripod. How come the rifle guys can fire, and not the LMG42? 

On 24/1/2018 at 12:00 PM, Vanir Ausf B said:

Because the HMG42 is technically a heavy weapon all day every day and the game makes no exceptions. I'm not saying it's realistic in this circumstance, just that it isn't a bug.

Alright,a design flaw feature then.

But, I guess on a deeper level, should troops be allowed to shoot out from a shelter at all? I don't know if I got the right idea about what a shelter is, but as far as I understand, it's basically an underground concrete box where you hide during air raids or artillery fire. Whereas a bunker is a fortified fighting position.

I'd be fine with the game showing a shelter as a closed box, without any firing slit. Then at least I would know not to put troops in it for defence :) But it could still be useful to run to in case spotting rounds approached.

7 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Alright,a design flaw feature then.

I'd be fine with the game showing a shelter as a closed box, without any firing slit. Then at least I would know not to put troops in it for defence :) But it could still be useful to run to in case spotting rounds approached.

We call it a limitation. Doing something different or better might be desirable but not at a cost of doing other work that is more important. BFC have decided to spend their resources on other things.

3 minutes ago, IanL said:

We call it a limitation. Doing something different or better might be desirable but not at a cost of doing other work that is more important. BFC have decided to spend their resources on other things.

Or maybe an oversight? But again, I dont know what shelters are supposed to represent?

It's no big deal for me, as bunkers are so rare to encounter anyway, but just for curiosity's sake..