C2 & Information Sharing (REDUX)

C2 for example playing Russian each HQ can access mortars and this mechanic can be used to simulate field telephone, flares or signal torches. We use it as a house rule once the receiving phase ends and he can adjust the regimental HQ can send a company of SU152's for example. The fire mission can be canceled anytime if the FO needs the assets. Jeeps and Kübelwagens are effective for information sharing. I like Zündapp motorcycles with a mounted MG42 on the sidecar. Nice project for a modder?

23 hours ago, BornGinger said:

20210921-194109.jpg

If the different troops are quite a bit away from each other, motorcycle messagers to deliver tentative contacts could have helped to spread the information horizontally a bit quicker. But I doubt there will be any of those in the game.

+1  Yes, motorcycles would be very useful for the purpose of relaying tentative contacts.  Kuebelwagens can also be used to relay tentative contacts but motorcycles would be more fun.  

23 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

C2 for example playing Russian each HQ can access mortars and this mechanic can be used to simulate field telephone, flares or signal torches. We use it as a house rule once the receiving phase ends and he can adjust the regimental HQ can send a company of SU152's for example. 

I'm trying to understand this house rule.  Could you please explain it a little more? 

2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I'm trying to understand this house rule.  Could you please explain it a little more? 

Try to bypass the PC as much as possible which is not easy. Example a Soviet Sapper Platoon spots an MG42 but he has no radio. He can however in the game somehow contact the FDC (by flares, field telephone etc) Once the adjustment phase kicks in he can cancel the fire mission and Regimental HQ can dispatch reinforcement's. Us playing Zeus on Mount Olympus can do this at any time. 

7 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

a Soviet Sapper Platoon spots an MG42 but he has no radio. He can however in the game somehow contact the FDC (by flares, field telephone etc) Once the adjustment phase kicks in he can cancel the fire mission and Regimental HQ can dispatch reinforcement's.  

Interesting house rule.  Thank you.