Uniform mods problem after engine 4

I started making a scenario along with a uniform mod in the previous engine and has since updated to engine 4. The scenario seems to work like it should but the uniform mod doesn't. Is this a known problem? I have changed the naming to different variants along with the mod tag in line with what should be the correct file names. I even imported the mod tags again to the scenario. But the uniform mod refuses to appear. It is saved in the correct 24 bit bmp format. Can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

29 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I started making a scenario along with a uniform mod in the previous engine and has since updated to engine 4. The scenario seems to work like it should but the uniform mod doesn't.

I am unaware of any uniform texture name changes between v3 and v4. You could be certain by cracking open the .brz files and looking at the file names.

Is this a known problem?

Nope.

I have changed the naming to different variants along with the mod tag in line with what should be the correct file names. I even imported the mod tags again to the scenario. But the uniform mod refuses to appear. It is saved in the correct 24 bit bmp format. Can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Try this. Remove the tag and make sure the mod works. Once it works put the tag back. It is really easy to mess up either step and with no log messages it is basically not possible to debug directly so you have to break things down step by step.

• 5 weeks later...

If you're on a lower graphics setting (I can't recall which) the game automatically limits the random numbered options seen onscreen. I vaguely recall below a certain setting the game will only give you 4-5 face variants, higher setting you'll see all of them. So theoretically numbered variant uniforms on a lower graphics setting wouldn't show all of them. I'm working off old memory and haven't played with uniforms in a dog's age so take all this with a grain of salt.

12 hours ago, Badger73 said:

Please clarify.  Did it fail to work using mod tag [28thID]?  If so, what mod tag value worked correctly for you?

The [28thID] didn't work. I thought it might be a conflict with stock tag [muddy] that I also had. Cleared the tags from the editor and imported them again, but no luck. So I renamed it [bloody bucket] and it instantly worked. I wonder if the number messes up the uniform number order and perhaps [ID28th] would have worked. Anyway, a heads up for using numbers in mods.

@MikeyD I run at highest or next to highest settings so this shouldn't have been a problem, though I must admit I didn't know about the thing you mentioned.