Combat mission youtubers

• 9 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 11:09 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Thanks the for the praise above guys. ;)

When I started there was really no one doing a dedicated channel for Combat Mission videos. (And certainly not in 1080p!) I looked at the many Total War channels out there and decided to copy that type of format "Let's Play" format. Just with the added bonus of me saying "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..." and then cursing my pixeltruppen.

Probably now is the the best time to say it but anyone who follows my channel knows it's been dying a slow death over the past 12 months. Building a house and getting promoted at work means I've got less time then ever to dedicate to the channel. Having some more time designing scenarios would be great. Then there's the Australian 'Kangaroo Internet' issue. It takes anywhere between 8 - 12 hours to upload each of my AAR episodes at my new place. I may be able to get a connection upgrade later this year which might help, but in short Australian internet is garbage.

I have committed to finish the current Aachen campaign (from the excellent work of @benpark), but after that I may just upload little 'Action Moments' when something awesome occurs. If this is the end, well at least I know there's a new generation of excellent CM YouTubers to take the torch and I know for a fact (from comments and PM's I've received over the years) this little community grew a little bigger because of the channel, which can't be a bad thing. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I like Josey Wales' calm and mature approach. Also, he has a nice diction and doesn't try to appear like a tough cookie. To the contrary, he always signs off with "war is hell", which I find reflects the realism of these games very well.

Yes, I agree wholehearted with that. One of the best commentating styles around.