Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Grenade launchers or ATGM launchers deployment

exsonic01

Do you deploy grenade launchers and ATGM launchers inside the building? Does they have clear sight? 

It seems that the operators of some of the ATGM launchers and grenade launchers get down on the ground when I deploy them in the building. This leads no clear sight for everywhere for them, since they are down on the ground and their view is blocked by the wall. They are heading the window, but because their observation point is low, that they can't see anything. 

Is this normal? How do you manage to get the clear LOS for some ATGMs and grenade launchers? Should I need to deploy them outdoors anytime? 

20170223142831_1.jpg

20170223142810_1.jpg

Here, those guys stay down on the ground while deploying, greatly restricts their LoS. Grenade launcher in the figure faces the closed window, but I checked with the open windows too their view is quite limited in the building during deployment. 

Edited by exsonic01

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, same thing happens with some MG's (IIRC Red forces in CMSF etc) if the crew insists on lying on the ground. 

I checked with MG team as well. Same thing happens. 

26 minutes ago, akd said:

Their posture relative to the windows does not affect LOS.  Something else is causing the block.

I also feel that the symptom occurs occasionally. Sometimes it happens but sometimes not. Is this means that any window/door location on the wall opens the LOS for any units inside the building? Are they supposed to see outside regardless of their position? But clearly I checked the MG team or GL team does not see anything when they get down for deployment. 

If we don't get loopholes, then BFC needs, methinks, to give us real tables, crates and such to elevate deployable weapons high enough they can see and shoot. There are lots of examples of this in videos from Syria and elsewhere. Weapon tripods are simply too short to allow firing from most windows. Have also seen stuff where snipers do they exact same thing so they can shoot prone but away from the window, sometimes with a scrim interposed. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

kinophile,

Don't know how they'd do it, but if there isn't some mechanism in place already under the hood to allow deployable weapons on low tripods to fire out windows, then I'm open to other suggestions. I simply stated what established military practice was in using them for such firing and identified what would be needed to execute it. But what if you have a blank wall, no windows, a high loophole and a Dushka? If conditions require it, you can take a Dushka off its tripod and fire it without one! The recoil system is novel, to be sure. 

Regards,

John Kettler

10 hours ago, John Kettler said:

If we don't get loopholes, then BFC needs, methinks, to give us real tables, crates and such to elevate deployable weapons high enough they can see and shoot. There are lots of examples of this in videos from Syria and elsewhere. Weapon tripods are simply too short to allow firing from most windows. Have also seen stuff where snipers do they exact same thing so they can shoot prone but away from the window, sometimes with a scrim interposed. 

Regards,

John Kettler

JK et al.

Aside from the occassional issues one sees with LOS blockages as per thread, I am pretty certain I've read elsewhere that the deployment of heavy weapons in buildings does take into account dragging tables into place, DIYing an elevated platform to position the tripod/bipod correctly for a window etc.

This is, if I recall, is reflected in the significantly longer deploy times in buildings; i dont have game access atm, but i think say an MG may deploy in a field in 20 seconds, but say over 2 minutes in a building.