Damage Bug

Actually, the manual is not a complete guide.  There are some capabilities/components missing from the description on some units, but I would assume are on the AFV.  Again, the Tunguska stands out, but several Ukraine and Russian tanks are similar.  I have't looked at the US tanks, because I have always assumed they are similar to CMSF.

22 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

Actually, the manual is not a complete guide.  There are some capabilities/components missing from the description on some units, but I would assume are on the AFV.  Again, the Tunguska stands out, but several Ukraine and Russian tanks are similar.  I have't looked at the US tanks, because I have always assumed they are similar to CMSF.

Then Google it. Between Wiki, general Google searches, and the manuals, you should have a pretty decent idea of what each vehicle is bringing to the table. Honestly this is a non issue at this point. The UI will always display the most relevant information to the player, even if it doesn't constantly display every single possible little teeny tiny both and sprocket on the tank/vehicle.

Why would a Tunguska need thermals? It has radar and a stabilized optical sight for tracking air targets (which is its primary job) and it can depress its gun and use the optical sight to engage ground targets in a pinch. What does it need thermals for? It is not an offensive ground attack weapon, which means that its only firing at ground targets when the commander was stupid enough to leave it out for the enemy to be a threat. Or if you're using it as some kind of massive pillbox/suppression tool, you're using area fire, so thermals are also unnecessary.  

OK, then why have any of it.  Its a simple request.  Put a mouse-over.  Googling can help, but its also full of holes as to what exactly BFC might have modeled.

btw, AA weapon systems have been known to use IR sensors for obvious reasons.

I mean, you can throw all of the sources you want at this.  But my main argument still holds that all of the info is there, why not let us see it.  If it comes around as being too hard, well then that is a different argument.

It is not about being hard it is about return on investment. The UI is all custom coded which means a fair amount of effort to creat scrolling controls or some other pop-up window to display the information. That's fine if it is something desired by lots of people. In the end it is more likely that this feature request fits into would make some people happy but only a few really want it. Therefore there are at least hundreds of things more popular that should be done first. 

Personally I also think this is one of those features that a handful of people would use a handful of times and then forget about.

I could be wrong but I would guess Steve will not place this idea high on his list of features to add.

On 2/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, Michael Emrys said:

Why? If it is below the line, it is working. Or are you saying that the only way you have of knowing what capabilities and vulnerabilities your vehicle has is to see them on the list?

Michael

Sure I would like to know the damaged systems! One of my favorite things to do after a battle is check out where the killing shot hit and what it hit!! Events like my pack howitzer took out a tank, but I missed it damn, after battle would be a good time to see where it hit and what damage it did.