DAR 2 - Operation Jumping Jack

Kinophile

I have no problem playing the role of attacker (despite the fact that it is a meeting engagement with no extra points for the attacker, and despite the fact that the sheer number of troops you can afford under these circumstances gives you a massive scoring bonus).  My issue was spawning the troops I can afford into a killbox.

Gaze in awe at REDACTED glory of my REDACTED, for REDACTED it will REDACTED REDACTED with a REDACTED cunning REDACTED defeat REDACTED carrots  REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED when they REDACTED  what REDACTED how? wait stop REDACTED stop it you motherREDACTED wtf REDACTED goddammit REDACTED!

REDACTED bastard.

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-05%2001-36-27

Edited by kinophile

Just to mess with @TheForwardObserver , I inserted a stripped down, opensource and Google Play available version of the Stuxnet virus  into his PC. Satisfyingly, his Power Source consumed itself and possibly fried some other components.

Once he's rebuilt his machine we shall commence official hostilities....

Edited by kinophile

After a brief delay owing to technical difficulties, the TFO war machine grinds on.

Task Organization:
- 1 Btln Direct Support Artillery [3 batteries 155mm SP]
- 1 Battery Reinforcing Artillery [155mm SP]
- Btln Mortars [120mm]
- 2 Companys of Infantry [MECH]

There are 5 terrain objectives, each worth 80 points [400 pts total].  
MAPGRS_zps44e3ldpj.png
The remaining 600 points will be awarded for inflicting casualties on REDFOR. 

On 03/01/2017 at 7:07 PM, TheForwardObserver said:

"The 25 mike mike declareth the glory of the Bradley and the TOW missile sheweth his handiwork."

A shopping bag floats into view, it dances elegantly across the ground, blown by the wind, moved by the same forces that spreadeth the seeds of the great forests, and the grass of the great savannahs, defiant and ignorant of the curse of declination which condemneth man to circles.  A BTR bursts into flames in the foreground, the crew emerges stunned, mildly discontent, cursing the lowest bidders.  The driver runs back to the blazing BTR, he's forgotten his cell phone-- he braves fire and destruction to retrieve it.  He succeeds, and without hesitation takes a selfie to prove it-- moving with a purpose he updates his instagram-- 12 likes in 3 minutes-- today has been a good day, he mutters to himself.  He joins the rest of his crew.  They move on, they will subsist on mushrooms and berries from the forest until their column has caught up.  They will tweet until help arrives.  

An FO slips away into the shadows, he seeks a larger target.  He will wait.

A darkness gathers in the East as Kinoron once again sits atop mount doom, casting his thermal-less gaze upon the landscape, he sees nothing.  He will wait.

This is high quality discourse right here. Subscribed to thread. 

On 04/01/2017 at 3:02 PM, kinophile said:

If by 'open' you mean car-keys-in-the-bowl... Then no.  Well.. Maybe. Buy me a nice dinner* first, then we'll talk**. . 

Its more to encourage TFO along his journey of self discovery as he learns that his irrational fear of open spaces on a map is driven by his mole-man ancestors and does not reflect reality,  his existential dread of my drones is overblown and his faith in the power of numbers is outdated.

Let's make this a communal effort and help our pseudo-REMF friend overcome his own fears and, y'know,  

SEND HIS TURN. 

:-)

*Wine helps. 

**Skip the steak,  just get me drunk. 

Genius.

City hall is run by....Engineers...need I say more?

Battle has commenced, with not one, but two dastardly ungentlemanly arty strikes into my setup zone.

Luckily I've trained everyone to poop at the same time, so while the latrine trenches were filling up rapido-rapido, my cargo 200s stayed empty. A few broken windows and some over-exuberant tree-trimming but on the whole a rather pretty and useless event.

A human wave frontal attack by Igla equipped Conscripts was postponed by @TheForwardObserver's caddishness. 

Otherwise, onwards!

Edited by kinophile

2 hours ago, kinophile said:

Unfortunately I have to step away from this for a bit - life, work, moving house.

Probably a month, sowwwwwyyy

I know what a mind-boggling hassle moving can be, especially if one cannot afford professional movers. Drop in when you can for an insult or two, just to let us know all the blood hasn't drained out yet.

Michael