QB Map "A December Morning"

I put together a QB the other day.  Not knowing which map to pick, I randomly (well, not really...it was the first one on the QB map list) picked the map "A December Morning" sight unseen and set the battle at dusk in the snow for a meeting engagement, playing German vs. US (AI). Unit selection was set at automatic.

I started up the battle and was immediately struck by how amazing the map looked, at dusk and covered with snow.  Pretty much like a beautiful post card or photograph.  Well, now there are burning AFVs all around, but the map is still great.

I went into the editor to view the map in daylight with only a light dusting of snow.  It is so well done.  Daylight nicely shows off this map, but at dusk, with burning vehicles throwing shadows on the snow and flurries coming down, the map becomes breathtaking.

As I've no idea who made it (someone on the CMFB team), I just wanted to post this to thank them on a stellar job.

Heinrich505

Cheers @Heinrich505 that map is mine being a cut from the larger Stoumont, La Gleize, Cheneux master map. Have a look at the full map if you have not already done so which off the top of my head is 15 sq k. (5k x 3k)

Like you I did think the area covered in a December Morning made for an attractive map, which is why I made the scenario.

P

sttp,

Per your request.  Two are only sharpened a little using Corel Paintshop.  You can tell them from the other two, as I adjusted the white balance to project a colder, more wintery sort of appearance.  It is so still this dusk evening that the smoke from the burning US vehicles is rising straight up.

It is a really beautiful map, especially blanketed with the snow.  Thanks again Pete.

30symua.jpg

2cf3ic.jpg

t0rhwj.jpg

14mwefq.jpg

Heinrich505

• 6 years later...

@Pete Wenman yes thanks for these maps. I know it is an old post but still stands in 2022 (near 2023).

I had the curiosity to check those 1944 maps on Google Map and Google Earth 2022…

It  is amazing it looks very familiar. Some news houses here and there in 2022 but overall much of the same including the rail bridge. Real nice and cool to look at the 3D views of a same scenery in Google Earth and in CMFB on two side-by-side screens 😃

Great !

6 hours ago, Albert DuBalay said:

@Pete Wenman yes thanks for these maps. I know it is an old post but still stands in 2022 (near 2023).

I had the curiosity to check those 1944 maps on Google Map and Google Earth 2022…

It  is amazing it looks very familiar. Some news houses here and there in 2022 but overall much of the same including the rail bridge. Real nice and cool to look at the 3D views of a same scenery in Google Earth and in CMFB on two side-by-side screens 😃

Great !

Thanks, it was an interesting map to build, but I do love the end result 

P