High-res in progress

it's about 90% done so far. Check out the roadwheels.

tigerhires.jpg

I know they are mid-production roadwheels but I liked the way they looked.

As KrazyDog pointed out in another post, hi-res means bigger texture and a bigger file size. Increases the bmp file size by 3x in some cases.

-johnS

ps~ I'll probably start on some standard winterized allied tanks ater I finish this project.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-24-2000).]

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Hey Tiger I loved the Darth Vader dark grey german tanks you've made. I grabbed the Jadgpanther, Tiger, and Panther while they were posted a while back. I saw the Panzer IV's you did and loved them, Could you send me those, and if you have and Dark grey halftracks, or Stugs could you send me those too. When you going to send these in a German dark grey panzer pack to the CMHQ? These are so great, people should have access to them.

Guest Rollstoy

Not that I will interest anybody, but I just finished my first mod!!!! biggrin.gif!!!

I consisted of removing one of the skirt panels of the demo StuGs with the transparent purple color! You know, to make it look battle-worn! It worked! This is better than building scale models!

It would be ridiculous, though, to post a screenshot! This thread belongs to the beauty on top!!!

´fraid ill have to agree with you there rollstoy... done some stuff myself, but nothing postable... not that i think that the people on this forum would laugh or anything, just give good advice and hints, but i dont think that you (or me oranyone else with no experience) should get peoples hopes up with posts like "new tiger texture" and then only show some half made wierd thing that noone likes (not even yourself)

not being disrespectful here... just my oppinion. wink.gif

Back to the Tiger... WOW! Looks like a Tamiya Tiger I put together once. I followed a suggestion I read somewhere and poured dirt over it to give it a dusty appearance (easier than dry-brushing). The road wheels are fantastic, and I love the way the exhaust pipe covers look dented. Nice shadows on the tow cable. I like the "Darth Vader" grey look too, historical accuracy be damned. smile.gif

-- Mike Zeares