Interesting thought about LWRS and Abrams

Sublime

remove LWR and ERA tiles on the M1A2 so their configuration is like the one they have in the real world and it wont be much of a challenge to play the russians against the US when playing single player against the AI. 

For human vs Human it would be great. But good human players can already give a good spanking to US players half the time . The Abrams is a death machine but remove LRW and ERA and you have a good chance of killing it on the sides even with ONE RPG team. It wont get warned when engaged with Kornets, making 100% killing shots on the sides a routine and sure thing. Russian tanks will get the drop quite often and kill them much more easily since human players tend to be really agressive with the Abrams. AT-13 will kill them if they hit anywhere on the side hull and turret without ERA. It would be tough for the Abrams. Gee, even BMP-3s would have a good chance with their missiles against the side of an Abrams with ERA. They would not warn the Abrams with their laser before shooting either. 

Edited by antaress73

10 hours ago, antaress73 said:

remove LWR and ERA tiles on the M1A2 so their configuration is like the one they have in the real world and it wont be much of a challenge to play the russians against the US when playing single player against the AI. 

For human vs Human it would be great. But good human players can already give a good spanking to US players half the time . The Abrams is a death machine but remove LRW and ERA and you have a good chance of killing it on the sides even with ONE RPG team. It wont get warned when engaged with Kornets, making 100% killing shots on the sides a routine and sure thing. Russian tanks will get the drop quite often and kill them much more easily since human players tend to be really agressive with the Abrams. AT-13 will kill them if they hit anywhere on the side hull and turret without ERA. It would be tough for the Abrams. Gee, even BMP-3s would have a good chance with their missiles against the side of an Abrams with ERA. They would not warn the Abrams with their laser before shooting either. 

Did an Abrams once touch you inappropriately or something?

I'm on board for having lesser Abrams as I've discussed before.  I think the current one should be called a SEP v3 or something simply because it carries a lot of v3 upgrades.  We could put the v2 in game sans AMP/LWS, but possibly with APS/ERA options (as the ERA is an already existing kit that can be put on the Abrams with unit level equipment, while the APS is proposed in game as a bolt on theater sort of upgrade so no reason it might not go on v2s if they were what arrived in country).

Wouldn't mind M1A1SA and later model M2A2 ODS to represent the various National Guard BCTs too (there's some talk of sending limited Guard deployments to Eastern Europe, and they'd certainly play a part if the war dragged on/kicked off again after a cease fire, while also giving a less drastically superior to Russian equipment set).  

2 hours ago, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

Did an Abrams once touch you inappropriately or something?

I was just saying that with ERA or LWR it would be much easier for the Russian side in the game. If I had a tank to choose to fight with in RL, It would be the Abrams or the Armata because they are designed to protect their crews. I have nothing against the tank. 

Edited by antaress73

LWR certainly isnt on Abrams. You dont see ERA bc you usuallysee non combat pics of abrams but ERA certainly is applied to them in combat zones and already has for years Antaress.

I think itd make a difference but not the night and day Russian kill fest you describe. However change that and add an atgm toggle etc and the game would be a lot deadlier to less cautious US players and you cant get losers to do map edge Abrams thunder runs where youre entire strategy is just buying dozens of abrams with aps and quicj moving them along the edges.

(You know who u are)

Edited by Sublime

9 hours ago, Sublime said:

LWR certainly isnt on Abrams. You dont see ERA bc you usuallysee non combat pics of abrams but ERA certainly is applied to them in combat zones and already has for years Antaress.

I think itd make a difference but not the night and day Russian kill fest you describe. However change that and add an atgm toggle etc and the game would be a lot deadlier to less cautious US players and you cant get losers to do map edge Abrams thunder runs where youre entire strategy is just buying dozens of abrams with aps and quicj moving them along the edges.

(You know who u are)

Not a Kill fest against humans , especially cautious and capable ones  but against the A.  I  for sure.

Edited by antaress73