Adding scnarios

jdg

Ok I'm new to this adding stuff to the game. I've found the instructions on adding mods but haven't found an on how to add those second party scenarios & campaigns that have been done.

So can somebody walk me though how that is done. I would appreciate any help I can get.

jdginaz 

16 minutes ago, jdg said:

That's the thing I don't seem to have a scenario file. Just have mod tool, misc and data files.

Your game folder (assuming you on Windows) will be under your documents folder (click on the folder icon on windows (usually bottom left) and navigate to "Documents This PC".

Looks like this on my PC:

C:\Users\George Mc\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder

Edited by George MC

57 minutes ago, George MC said:

Your game folder (assuming you on Windows) will be under your documents folder (click on the folder icon on windows (usually bottom left) and navigate to "Documents This PC".

Looks like this on my PC:

C:\Users\George Mc\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder

Looks like you posted this while I was typing. Totally ninja'd me...

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem for awhile***, but mine had to do with sound mods. I was trying to change some modded CMFI sounds, but no matter what I tried in the Data\z folder, I couldn't get a few sounds to change. And then I discovered that there's another folder where you can mod your game: UserData\Mods. No idea how I missed that info....

So there's the standard mod folder you always hear about:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\Data\z

But there's also:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\User Data\Mods

I didn't know about UserData\Mods folder until a few days ago. (!!) I have no idea how a few modded sound files got there without me knowing. (I probably just forgot. Aging sucks.) But apparently the files placed in UserData\Mods will trump any files of the same name put in Data\z.

*** Within the last week a certain little utility has made finding files and folders on my PC so much faster and easier, so I can't avoid mentioning it. It's called Everything. Whereas Windows Explorer search is a PITA, this utility's results are basically instantaneous, even if there are thousands of them. And it takes up few resources. On its first run it went nuts, cataloging my ~22TB of drives (which ended up taking only about 10 minutes), so at first I thought it was gonna be a system hog. But nope. It now just runs in the background, using only ~150MB of RAM. (For me at least.) I just found this program last week, and I'm ecstatic. For years I'd been cussing how slow the search function within File Explorer/Windows Explorer had become. Now that's irrelevant.

Edited by sttp