What other WW2 games do you guys play

Of all the WW2 games I've played over the years, I'd say that (besides these!) the most fun I've had is with the original Call of Duty. Yeah, I said it... those dirty words Call of Duty. But the franchise was groundbreaking and truly excellent back then. Classic multiplayer battles on some of those classic servers. There are actually still a few good CoD1 servers around (Historians and RA come to mind, at least if you're in the eastern half of the U.S.), and the battles are just as much fun as ever. Not totally realistic by current standards, obviously, but just fun. Racing jeeps around Foy, Rhine Valley or Kursk, gunning it out in Carentan, Cassino, or Brecourt manor... some of the best FPS gaming ever.

CoD World at War was well done, too.

Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm is a more current first person shooter, and much more realistic. A modern classic.

It's weird, the way cycles work -- 10 years ago the market was way oversaturated with western front WW2 first person shooters, but now there is, amazingly, a giant shortage of them. Battalion 1944 looks promising though.

As to flight sims, IL-2 Sturmovik was/is very good. With a head tracking device and with a realistic throttle & stick combo, it can be extremely immersive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic