A hard nut to crack

Ivanov

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Wouldn't the crew be able to hear they were getting hit from the right side at least, and then turn their tank to face the threat? Or is it impossible to hear directions of hits while inside the tank?

After receiving a hit it moves the turret in the general direction from which the shoot came, but it's unable spot the hidden Stug. I also try to fire intermittently, only when JS if facing in the opposite direction. It received hits from at least 3 Stugs from few different locations.

11 minutes ago, Fizou said:

What range? Must be quite far If the 75 cant penetrate the side turret.

Yes, it's well beyond the effective range. The distance is about 900-1000m.  To the 7.5cm to be able to penetrate the JS-2 turret it should be I think at about 500m. I'm just trying to keep it at bay and hoping for a lucky shoot that could possibly immobilize it.

1 hour ago, Ivanov said:

After receiving a hit it moves the turret in the general direction from which the shoot came, but it's unable spot the hidden Stug. I also try to fire intermittently, only when JS if facing in the opposite direction. It received hits from at least 3 Stugs from few different locations.

CLANG! What was that? It was hail. Hail get beeg in Russia.

CLANG! What was that? It was mouse. Mouse get beeg in Russia.

CLANG! What was that? Hmm... Maybe it was fascist peeg. Peeg think it get beeg in Russia. After dees vodka we keel heem.

That's the version you get in "Carrius at Malinova" scenario, which is an "early" IS-2. According to the table below, the IS-2 turret can be penetrated from the side, by the Stug's main gun from 300m, while the front from 100m:

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zpspoyoxf51.png

It looks a bit exaggerated but it seems that from 1000m Stug, can't threaten the IS-2 in any meaningful way.

Edited by Ivanov