stop playing CM and go vote!

Guest Offwhite

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hough:

And don't forget to vote against the scumbag who didn't even finish his keep-me-out-of-'Nam National Guard service.

-John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please please please don't anybody take the bait...

No, I'm not against free speech, but is this really the place?

I got some fantastic Bush quotes. I just have to quote them because they're great fun biggrin.gif I'm an NZ'er in the UK and firmly believe each president is fairly irrelevent to the whole process, but these are funny, enjoy (like deciding which kinda chedder you want with your crackers)

PeterNZ

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some

kind of federal program."-St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer

questions. I can't answer your question."-In response to a question about

whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000 (Thanks to Peter Feld.)

"I would have my secretary of treasury be in touch with the financial

centers, not only here but at home."-Boston, Oct. 3, 2000 (Thanks to M.

Bateman.)

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-Saginaw, Mich.,

Sept. 29, 2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."-Redwood, Calif., Sept. 27,

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise

above that which is expected."-Los Angeles, Sept. 27, 2000

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."-Ibid.

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it,

that's trustworthiness."--Ibid.

Excuse me. I didn't mean that as flame-bait, simply a quick, and somewhat topical endorsement for my side.

I could just as easily mentioned that Bush's tax cut will likely get us inflation and higher interest rates, or his dubious social security plan, or the horrible thought of a conservative Supreme Court along with a Republican congress and presidency.

And no, this probably isn't the place. But the OT thread was already there, and people who don't want to read it can choose not to.

-John

"My opponent said he invented the internet. He thinks he's so smart, but every internet address starts with a 'w'"

-Dubya (a paraphrase, I heard it last night, but haven't seen it in print)

O for goodness sake JP, relax, try colonic irigation mmmmm.

It was just getting funny, hehe, lets laugh about things and not take life quite so seriously? smile.gif

Thread was and has continued in good spirit, and the original poster is right! You yanks, get out there and vote, and drag everyone else out there too!

Don't care who you vote for, but just vote smile.gif

PeterNZ

[This message has been edited by PeterNZer (edited 11-07-2000).]

This will be the first presidential election that I don't vote for either candidate.

I cannot bring myself to support either of these pathetic excuses for a candidate. Who can really look at either one and say, "Yep, now there's a leader!" Christ.

Im looking at alternative candidates. Who do we have here?

Nader? No thanks. I have my man -

http://www.vaderfor2000.org/

Voted this morning as well - large turnout here in the Bloody 8th district of Indiana - voted for Bush and the Republican ticket.

I voted for an end to the last 8 years of crap in this country. I voted for a strong military, for gun rights, against abortion (I am a strong Roman Catholic), against special interests, for a strong and consistent foreign policy, for the promise of some kind of logical energy program, for less government, for less taxes, for less commitment to our already overly-committed troops, and for a constitutionalist government as opposed to those who feel our constitution is a "living document" and subject to change all the time...I voted the way I did to purge the last 8 years of crap from my system.

Madmatt for Prez!

I already voted absentee. Gotta keep that Alaska state residence.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Hey Buddy, I respect your opinion but disagree with just about every thing you said (except for the Military, which Gore actually gives more money for). A vote for Bush against special interests? You should take a look at his corportate backers my friend. If you think special interests are ruining government, then vote for Nader.

Good thing you live in Indiana which is Bush country. I, on the otherhand live in PA which will be the key to the entire election. Whoever wins PA will win the election!

Warren: a vote for Nader is a vote for Gore, which I cannot stomach. Gore is also giving money for all kinds of other programs - where the heck is he going to get the cash? As for all of the other things I mentioned, how do you disagree?

Guest Madmatt

Yeah okay.

You don't get much more off topic than politics and religion and for some politics is a religion. Alas, it's one we don't practice here...

Hear that? Could it be? Is it?

IT IS !! ITS THE PADLOCK FAIRY!!! He is coming to take us away!!! Weee...

Now, exercise your minds and bodies a little and go out and vote! Otherwise you won't be able to bitch for the next four years with a clear conscience!