Scenario/Campaign Selection

Hello all,

I'm getting back to CM after a while and I'd like to play several scenarios (I played very few so far) and campaing (none so far), therefore I'm wondering which are the best scenarios/campaigns out there, do you have any suggestions?

For scenario I would prefer balanced and/or fun to play against a human opponent.

Any size, official or not.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Ale Dem
Spelling

For campaigns, I'd recommend Road to Montebourg or Panzer Marsch to start with. Courage and Fortitude is a challenging series of encounters that might discourage.

I'd also recommend playing a few throwaway solo QB games vs the AI to get used to the game mechanics and develop some SOPs without "spoiling" (in a couple of senses) any narrative that the scenarios and campaigns offer.

If you're very green, then I would say start with the training campaign, then go on to Task Force Raff. After that, try the Montebourg campaign (the one that came with the game, not the updated one available for download - the updated version is harder but good for when you want a second go at the campaign later)

On 25/6/2016 at 2:50 PM, Ale Dem said:

I'm not green but neither experienced, thanks for your suggestions :)

I remember Task Force Raff as a good little campaign to start out with. Not difficult by any means if you know the basics, but not "for dummies" either :) 

Edited by Bulletpoint

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I remember Task Force Raff as a good little campaign to start out with. Not difficult by any means if you know the basics, but not "for dummies" either :) 

The first scenario in that campaign was the original demo for CMBN. It's what made me fall in love with CMx2, and I still play it every couple of years or so.

:)

Michael

• 5 months later...

Just reading this post and I decided to go back through the game and give it some serious effort this time around instead of just poking around and doing skirmishes.   Started with  Courage and Fortitude  and completely destroyed to the core on campaign 2.   Can't get across the bridge no matter what I try early game (no issues with bugs ...  just an issue with the player I assume) .  

Glad to see it was mentioned as one of the harder ones cause I was getting discouraged.   I did play through and very much enjoyed task force ruff, so going to try the suggested campaigns above first. 

true good point sburke, either way it's going to wake me up in the middle of the night wondering what if i did this instead......  restarted   Road to Montebourg  tonight, maybe by the time I finish will be able to come back to c&f and present more of a challenge.  I noticed on youtube no one did a video or aar of scenerio 2 :)

4 hours ago, sburke said:

You can just ceasefire and move on. I have seen folks beat that, but I can't claim to be one of them. 

I noticed a few games back on playing as the defense (and depending on the design) that I could win by "ceasefire" before I got wiped out. It seemed strange and I would think the offensive player (the AI in this case) would take great umbrage that I snatched away his victory like that.... 

8 hours ago, simovitch said:

I noticed a few games back on playing as the defense (and depending on the design) that I could win by "ceasefire" before I got wiped out. It seemed strange and I would think the offensive player (the AI in this case) would take great umbrage that I snatched away his victory like that.... 

In this case it is designed into the campaign. I off hand do not know the benefits of succeeding in the 2nd battle of this one, but losing it or ceasefiring does not end it.