Hi all + need a little help ^^

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and to this series :)

I've recently bought this awesome game, and now I'm playing the first campaign with the russian. I'm in the third mission, which consist in crossing the river with bmps but I cannot complete this mission. I've occupied all the objective points (the ones in light green) with at least one unit but nohing happen. What do I have to do? Do I have to kill all the enemy?

Sorry for my english but I'm Italian :)

Thanks a lot for any advice and help:P

Edited by Endyamon

just to clarify are you expecting the mission to end when you occupy the objective locations as that is not the case.

The mission will end, either if/when the AI surrenders, or when the clock runs down. You can however end the mission by selecting cease fire.

P

4 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

just to clarify are you expecting the mission to end when you occupy the objective locations as that is not the case.

The mission will end, either if/when the AI surrenders, or when the clock runs down. You can however end the mission by selecting cease fire.

P

Thanks for the info.I was just asking because in the previous mission (the one at night) I won putting at least 1 squad in every light green area, while the same "problem" happened to me with the demo, while I was attacking with the USA ^_^

Also, just putting a squad in every Victory Location (VL) won't necessarily mean you hold the VL. If it's an "Occupy" VL, you have to ensure that there are no enemy units at all left in it, as well, or the location will be "contested" and you'll receive zero VP. If the VL is identical to one of the opponent's Occupy VLs, your squad will deny them the VPs, reciprocally, but that often won't be enough for a victory. Often the two sides' VLs are not all in the same place, or the same size, so it's possible that the enemy has VPs from its VLs, but has managed to get lucky and have men in the areas you're meant to be clearing.

Endyamon,

Welcome aboard!

Speaking as someone who seems to invariably draw the longest game clock (max Red Overtime), under the most trying conditions (gasping and wheezing, with troops and self spent), Codename Duchess has given you advice you'd best heed regarding the dreaded game clock. Likewise, womble is most correct in pointing out just how rigorous the Occupy mission is when it comes to securing VLs. Have had multiple occasions in which I thought I had taken and secured a VL, only to be undone by an enemy force I hadn't known was there and well hidden!

Regards,

John Kettler

On a PC they are stored in <mydocuments>\Battlefront\Combat Mission\<gamename>\Game Files\Saved Games.  There is also "Incoming Email" and "Outgoing Email" under the "Game Files" directories for when you play by email against a human opponent.  For CMBN it is different - the "Game Files" directory is under the program install directory and on the Mac I have no idea where they are so if you need that let people know and someone will fill you in.