shock force

• 3 weeks later...

You'd be better off asking in the CMBN forum to be honest however since you're here ...

You do not download overlays.  You create them in whatever your drawing program of choice is (in my case Paint).  You then save it in bitmap format with the name Special Editor Overlay.bmp in the Z folder.  You should then be able to see the overlay next time you open the map editor by hitting the O key.

Hope this helps.

CMSF isn't game engine v.2 so no map overlays in CMSF.

Whenever there's a problem (in the other titles) with map overlays its most often due to either file naming or file type. The art has to be .bmp format and must be named special editor overlay

And after you've dropped the art into the mods folder you'll need to restart the game.

If you look on page 83 of the game engine manual you should find all the details. Tapping the 'O' key (letter 'Oh') will toggle relative brightness of the overlay. I just tested everything in CMFI and its all good.

Edited by MikeyD

4 hours ago, marpam11 said:

hi I did all that you said and still does not let me do overlay ?

the thing that usually bites me is my overlay is a "filename.bmp" and is then as a "bmp" file recognized as "filename.bmp.bmp".  and the name is special editor overlay

- left out the "a" mikey :D