LOS Problem??.

Hi,

Ive started a QB on the Tiny Forest Map (400x512) 112a1.btt and I'm getting enemy spots and contacts half way across the map (from the top of the hill at my start location ((attacker)) to the berm of the objective ((village)) through the forest even thought there is clearly no real LOS through the trees and branches.  Is this an issue or am I not understanding something about the LOS here?

what season? and ground condition? because although CM doesn't really show it, its probably easier to see through the trees when they are sans leaves. also don't overestimate the concealment of trees, there is a nice mod for Normandy out there that thins the trees foliage to a more understandable level

you can try the map yourself, I posted the name of it.

the distance is not that far 200m +, but I never moved my vehicles until I had infantry contact.  And if you move the camera around there is no way in real life these guys should be able to see each other ( I know its a game and things are the way they are, but it gave the realistic emersion quite a hit for me ).

Anyway, I encourage anyone to try the map and see if they have the same results.

I must say though, I played the game through, was a lot of fun once I ignored the LOS detail.  And the end of the match was tooth and nail and raised the bar for strategic compromise for me.  A hell cat took out my Tiger last min and smoked to retreat after the engagement, I flanked with a  SPW 251/9 (ausf.D) in a hot position.  Got the first round off with a direct hit and was enough to make the crew bail.. with 4-5 min left on the clock.  Game ended in a tie as the whole enemy fled the cap zone except for one MG who was hiding on the edge of the zone after he fled his original position.

Bitter sweet but nice to see the AI throwing a wrench in the mix.

There's several types of pine in the game. Some give crap concealment because they're a good 6-8 feet of bare trunk before the branches kick in. I recall Chris posted a demonstration battle before the game was released where all hell broke loose 1 hour into the scenario because he has grossly overestimated the concealment of the pine forest he was in. Bloody carnage ensued.