Is there any way to clear the mines?

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Quick battles are yet a different situation.  I’m not sure if points are different for different type units, like tank crews.

I don't believe they are at present. My question is, should they? My own opinion is that they should, but I want to hear what other posters have to say.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 5:35 PM, Bulletpoint said:

No offense, but the moment I start playing the game like that, I will stop playing it.

No offense, but the moment I put a self imposed rule set on myself and delude myself into thinking I'm playing a "simulator," I will stop playing it.

On 4/28/2016 at 7:14 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

I know your probably joking but this reminded me of something I have read on the forum .................  Tank crews have a higher point value so some players are careful to move the dismounted ones to safety.  I'm not sure of the mechanics of this.  Maybe in scenarios where the designer assigns the points??  But in any case something else to think about and maybe investigate.      

I'm actually not joking. No twiddling thumbs in my army. You either fight or you're dead/incapacitated. I use everything at my disposal. Crews from knocked out tanks are used to fight or for other purposes where I don't want to sacrifice infantry, like scouting or going across suspected minefields. Their original usefulness is gone, so why not put them to a good alternate use?

Edited by Rambler

11 hours ago, Rambler said:

Their original usefulness is gone, so why not put them to a good alternate use?

Because the point benefit to the enemy for them dying, and the erosion of the morale state of their unit outweighs the benefit of them setting off a few mines or getting killed in an uneven gunfight.

6 hours ago, womble said:

<Snip> the erosion of the morale state of their unit <Snip> 

This is an important point that I did not always understand.  If you have a platoon of tanks and one tank gets knocked out with one crewman KIA this will start to effect the morale of the remaining tanks of the platoon.   If the surviving crewmen from the knocked out tank are then also KIA the morale of the remaining operational tanks will suffer yet again.   I use to wonder how a fully intact tank and crew could have a broken morale level.  It was because of what happened to the rest of their platoon.  

I did some experiments recently and found that this morale hit occurs to other sub units of the platoon even when they are not in LOS of the carnage, not in C2 and not in horizontal info sharing distance of units that do have C2.  So appears to be no way to avoid the morale hit except, of course, to try to avoid the casualties.