Havin' a problem with uniforms not showin' up

Sorry folks to ask stupid ( I'm sure ) questions but I'm far from a CMBN wizard

I have D/L'd several uniform MODS and the only ones that have showed up in game are the EZ's Gear and Boots and EZ's Infantry Division Uniform thus NOT the problem

The problem is with the German Uniforms, no matter which one's I try they never show up in game <_<  What am I doin' wrong ?

When and where did you download them from? Also which mod?

There was a significant change to the way uniforms are handled when the CMx2 engine was upgraded to 2.0 and the file format for infantry uniforms was heavily changed. I'm guessing your German uniforms were from the early days from before this upgrade and therefore won't show up as the game no longer recognises the BMP files.

8 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

When and where did you download them from? Also which mod?

There was a significant change to the way uniforms are handled when the CMx2 engine was upgraded to 2.0 and the file format for infantry uniforms was heavily changed. I'm guessing your German uniforms were from the early days from before this upgrade and therefore won't show up as the game no longer recognises the BMP files.

The ones I have tried are the following

12th SS Hitlerjugend  submitted 16AUG2011  by Wyseman76

German SS Helmet Covers ( both versions )  submitted 06MAR2013 / 12MAR2013  by Tastego ( Mike )

Veins_German_CMBN_v1  submitted 16AUG2011  by SJS-Vein

I've placed the files into the Z folder within the DATA as they were un-zipped and I have also exploded the BRZ files and placed the individual BMP files and still they don't show up

On the other hand the US uniform MODS I've used ( EZ's ) they all show up so I'm really confused

I'm running 3.0 v 3.12

Thanks for any help or a link to working German Uniforms is much appreciated  ~

Yep I think those German uniforms are from CMx2 1.0 days when CMBN just came out. They are probably using the old file naming format. I also think there were some model tweaks between then as well.

Easy way out I'd suggest 'go shopping' for some more up to date German Infantry mods. CMRT German uniform mods should also work fine for CMBN.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?cat=19

The ones I have tried are the following

12th SS Hitlerjugend  submitted 16AUG2011  by Wyseman76

German SS Helmet Covers ( both versions )  submitted 06MAR2013 / 12MAR2013  by Tastego ( Mike )

Veins_German_CMBN_v1  submitted 16AUG2011  by SJS-Vein

Benparks CMTR/CMBN German Foliage Helmets

Das Reich SS Camo Mix

VM's German Wehrmacht

Damian's German Smocks

And nothing shows up at all  <_<

Max, you obviously have an Allied computer! Get an Axis one and all should be well, lol.

This is a stumper. Are the mods in a folder within the mods/z folder named in such a way that they will load last, overriding any other German uniform mod that you may already have in there? (Although it sure doesn't sound like you have any other ones besides the ones you have been trying. Can you post a screen shot of your mods expanded? Maybe the hive will spot something.

Create a folder on your desktop called "mods storage".

Then cut all your mods OUT of your mods folder and paste to that folder.

This should take you back to plain vanilla stock. Then we can try a single uniform mod and try to see if it shows in game.

There is always a reason for everything. 

8 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Create a folder on your desktop called "mods storage".

Then cut all your mods OUT of your mods folder and paste to that folder.

This should take you back to plain vanilla stock. Then we can try a single uniform mod and try to see if it shows in game.

There is always a reason for everything. 

Great starting point. (Seriously. I =hate= how forums can make it seem that sarcasm is intended when it isn't, and vice versa.)

Go back to no mods and see if your problem troops look correct with stock textures. Then, as kohlenklau suggested, add ONE mod to the problem troop category and let's see if it "takes".

It is certainly good advice. I have what I call my "Mod House" which is where my mods go when I first download them. I then check the "read me" and the individual bmps before they go over into my "z" folder. It also comes in handy for storing mods that I only need for specific battles or campaigns. 

UPDATE

I tried the Wehrmacht Uniform Mix and they show up , I then take it out and try VM's German Wehrmacht and only the helmets show up :blink:

I normally D/L to a Mod DL folder and un-zip there , read the information ( If Provided ) and then place either the brz file or the bitmap images into the Z folder inside the Data Folder

OOOO , and BenParks German Foliage Helmets show up when installed

mjkerner, you must be correct sir, I DO need a German Computer ;)

I searched the suppository and cmmods and could not find VM's German Wehrmacht.

But anyway, remember that you can't really haphazardly dump all your mods directly in the z folder. Some will cancel out the others or cause conflict unless modtagged. 

Or maybe get a mod manager program freeware! google JSGME Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabler.

German Computer? Send it back through time and change history? Don't! :) 

13 hours ago, MaxWunsche said:

UPDATE

I tried the Wehrmacht Uniform Mix and they show up , I then take it out and try VM's German Wehrmacht and only the helmets show up :blink:

I normally D/L to a Mod DL folder and un-zip there , read the information ( If Provided ) and then place either the brz file or the bitmap images into the Z folder inside the Data Folder

OOOO , and BenParks German Foliage Helmets show up when installed

mjkerner, you must be correct sir, I DO need a German Computer ;)

Sounds exactly like the an individual file name issue for each of the BMPs a few of us raised earlier. Look at the file names of the uniforms that work and the ones that don't. 99% chance the ones that don't work have a different name, probably from before the 2.0 upgrade to the engine. Helmets weren't touched in that upgrade, hence why they work. You'll need to rename and number them precisely for the game to pick them up correctly.

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I searched the suppository and cmmods and could not find VM's German Wehrmacht.

That's an interesting and dedicated way of getting mods there Kohlenlau. :P

• 2 months later...