Will WP mortar rounds be fired as Target or Smoke?

Why do I ask?

Well, I would like to set a building on fire with the WP rounds.  Is that possible?

Thanks!

Nope.

You can't set anything on fire.
Yet. ( As far as I know, this is an intended future feature, but how soon we are likely to see it is an unknown - and it is not imminent )

WP fires as Smoke, btw.

Edited by Baneman

<Snip>  I would like to set a building on fire with the WP rounds.  Is that possible? <Snip>

As @Baneman said no fire and WP fires as smoke.  I will just add that for off map arty and mortars the WP is part of the HE total and will fire with the HE.  So if your off map US 81mm medium mortar has 110 HE and 8 WP you have 110 rounds total.  110 HE or 102 HE and 8 WP depending on the mission you call for.  On map mortars will not mix the WP in with the HE.  After a PBEM with on map mortars I often have them empty of HE but with the smoke (WP) still left.  Probably clear as mud right? ;)     

Even though you can't set anything on fire with WP, I think it will still cause some damage to exposed infantry. But I read somewhere (in a patch note?) that this damage was turned down, so I'm not sure how effective it might be. Always wondered about it and never got around to actually test it.

Even though you can't set anything on fire with WP, I think it will still cause some damage to exposed infantry. <Snip> 

I have had smoke rounds cause suppression and casualties but to a much lesser degree than HE.  Also noticed that smoke rounds did not leave craters.   

Even though you can't set anything on fire with WP, I think it will still cause some damage to exposed infantry.

Oh yes, they don't like it at all.

But I read somewhere (in a patch note?) that this damage was turned down, so I'm not sure how effective it might be.

That would be a pity. I thought its effectiveness started out just about right, but maybe that was just me.

Michael