v3.12...1-Training Roadblock

Ok, just installed Patch v3.12 and decided to opened-up 1-Training Roadblock ( June ), and noticed on Setup that the U.S. Inf Platoon has 1 or 2 Squads with an additional Bar...I closed and opened-up this Scenario about a half-dozen times and each time it's about the same (might be same or different Squads). Also, about half the time the Germs seem to get an extra G-43 or STG44 in each Platoon. 

This means many of the Scenarios might also have additional semi-autos in their TO&E...Will look at other Scenarios later to determine this.

I wonder if this is intentional... 

Joe

Yeah, I know there is a Randomness even when playing the same Scenario over again, but never seen 2x BARS per Squad in v3.11 (that should be more common after Normandy...ex; Market Garden or CMFB). However, with the v3.12 patch it seems that there is a 50% per U.S. Squad of receiving an additional BAR (even in June-Aug). 

Edited by JoMc67

Regardless of whether or not the change in the number of BARs is intentional or not, it is more true to reality. Rifle squads rarely stuck to the standard TO&E. For example, squads would pick up additional BARs, and many would ditch the M1903 Springfield in favor of a regular M1. It was universal across infantry units in Normandy to accumulate new weaponry, after all they were doing whatever they could to give themselves an edge in combat. So either way I wouldn't let it bother you, and if anything I would look at it as a better representation of the reality on the ground at the time. 

...never seen 2x BARS per Squad in v3.11... 

I have. Last week I was playing "Out On a Limb" from MG and noticed that most of the squads in the 3rd. Platoon had a couple of BARs. I've also noticed an increase of semi-automatics in German squads. But this is all pre-3.12 so I have no explanation of when this came in or why.

Michael

I have. Last week I was playing "Out On a Limb" from MG and noticed that most of the squads in the 3rd. Platoon had a couple of BARs. I've also noticed an increase of semi-automatics in German squads. But this is all pre-3.12 so I have no explanation of when this came in or why.

Michael

Are you sure that's not just because they're airborne?

Edited by Raptorx7