Bangalore Torpedos

You could say they're being 'abstracted' in the game. Those 'Demo Charges' are kind'a generic. They go 'boom' and barbed wire obstacles disappear. :)

I vaguely recall bangalore torpedoes weren't all that useful on hedgerows, it actually took an absurd amount of explosives dug under the base of the hedgerow to dislodge it. Maybe you could blow mouseholes for infantry to squeeze through the thicket.

...it actually took an absurd amount of explosives dug under the base of the hedgerow to dislodge it.

Sort of true. I'm not sure that I would call it absurd, but I have read that the technique required more explosives than were available in the lodgement area. This led to the search for some other technique, ergo the Rhino plow. Along the way, dozer tanks were also tried and found to be effective. But again there simply weren't enough of them to meet the need.

Michael