Time On Target (TOT)?

"What is this limit?"

Starting with CMRT, and I think backdated into patches for the other games(?), if a FO has one fire mission underway he cannot call in another fire mission 'til the first one is completed. Something I used to do aaaall the time, get the FO into a good position then call one fire mission to the far left of the map, a second fire mission to the far right, and a third to the center.

We'd do a two gun raid and both crews and the fire direction crew (1/2 the fire direction center) could all fit in the 2 blackhawks. M102 howitzer slung under each chopper with enough ammo for the raid. With Hueys it would take 1 or two extra for the extra people and extra ammo. And as passengers it's a sweet ride....smooth. I have a lot of affection for Hueys and rode them more than the Blackhawks overall, but as a passenger in the Blackhawk it was much better.  I never jumped from a Blackhawk though. A number of Huey jumps (falls really), and Chinooks, and whatever the Canadians call a Chinook, but no Blackhawk jumps. I suspect they are the same feeling as a Huey. You just sit on the edge of the door sill and sort of fall out, so I wouldn't think it would feel different.

A 2 gun raid is where we would take 2 of the 6 pieces from a battery, fly them forward to very close to the front lines to fire farther into the enemy rear, usually for some important target. Get in, pound in stakes (only 2), lay the guns, plot the data, fire the mission, sling up and out in 15-20 minutes. Choppers hover nearby or land in clearing behind ready to come to the rescue. While it may not sound like it, that is very fast time to get it all done, because as the fire direction officer I also had to assume the role of battery XO and survey in the guns while my computer (the E5 in the fire direction center who came with me) set up the firing charts for the location. My fire direction chief (an E6 stayed back with the battery for data for the remainder of the battery.) 

A Huey is a Willys jeep, and the Blackhawk was like getting it replaced with one of those posh $100,000 Land Rovers.  At least from the viewpoint of the passengers :-)

Edited by Ultradave