Missing Winter Mods

I've been collecting CMBO winter mods for a long time. However, there are few I have never been able to find. All are Allied and they are:

90 mm AA gun (US)

40 mm AA gun (US and Brit)

Sherman Crocodile TRAILER ONLY (US)

In addition I cannot find whitewashed mods or either the Daimler or Humber.

Does anyone know where any of these can be found. If not, are any modders interested in producing any of them?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, could you list a few historical or semi-historical scenarios in which the missing vehicles appear?

Some modders wouldn't want to go to the trouble of making a mod that only appears, hypothetically, in Quick Battles.

A glaring bit of green on a snow-white landscape in a favorite historical scenario is a different story.

I'm surprised that the AA guns are missing. I thought that Gordon had given everything like that the snow treatment. Did you ever talk to him about it, and do you remember what he said?

I haven't done any research on specific units in battles and operations. What I can tell you is that every CMBO German unit appears to have been covered in at least one winter mod and only these few Allied units (or part thereof) have not received the white brush treatment--at least as far I can tell.

Turning back to winter battles and operations, I can only tell you that I have two overstuffed large binders with user made battles and ops. I suspect that among those and the ones issued by Battlefront (then Big Time) every unit in CMBO appears in a snow battle. Regardless, it seems odd that only these few have "escaped" the bursh of our talented winter modders.

One other caveat for the newer CM mod sluts: a significant number of CMBO mods were lost in the CMMODS crashes and when older web sites distributing them before CMMODS "disappeared" over time.

I would like to hear more about Axis and Allied units sharing BMPs, be it in CMBO, CMBB or CMAK. That the first time I can remember hearing about that and the impact of it.

[ December 31, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: jagcommander ]

I've been collecting CMBO winter mods for a long time. However, there are few I have never been able to find. All are Allied and they are:

90 mm AA gun (US)

40 mm AA gun (US and Brit)

Sherman Crocodile TRAILER ONLY (US)

The reason those allied AA guns are not whitewashed is simple, they are in a way, way to low a resolution and detail, if you tried to paint them white in their current state, they would look like big piles of chicken sh*t. tongue.gif

And that sherman croc trailer, I believe is hard coded. :eek:

However that was not true in the final analysis.

Some guns share bmps in CMAK, but if you ww one it wws the other.

If I grau my CMAK German late war 20mm AA my Brit 20mm Oerlikon AA is also grau

Just keep in mind J2D that in the context of the combat mission games is that if something is shared that means there is only one hard coded entity that is being shared by two or more parties.

So if you have say, a 40mm AA gun being shared by the british and US countries, then what ever bmp skin you use, will show up for that gun for both countries. smile.gif

Happy New Year. :D

Originally posted by DEY:

And that sherman croc trailer, I believe is hard coded. :eek:

No, it is not. :D

Here are the BMP numbers:

Churchill trailer:

3462, 3463, 3464, 3465

Sherman trailer:

4455, 4456,4457,4458

croctrailer.jpg

Marcus

[ January 01, 2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Originally posted by mike8g:

Sherman trailer:

4455, 4456,4457,4458

I stand corrected, It just seemed that there was something elusive about one of these flame trailers. I'm sorry for the misinformation but it has been a long time since I've had anything to do with cmbo. smile.gif

Originally posted by mike8g:

When the Pz38t 3D model was changed in one of the patches, the existing mods became obsolete. Thus I edited my installed mods so that they fit the new model

Mike it appears you've tracked down all the bmps for this AFV, would you mind posting the full set of bmp numbers, I had looked for thoses bmps awhile back but couldn't seem to find those extra parts for the E and G model. I really don't feel like spending hours again trying to track them down. :eek:

I'm currently working on Allied Winter Guns for CMAK - so far 37/57/76 AT guns done and 40/90 AA guns, 75 &105 Howitzer plus 6/17/25 pdrs to do...

You might be lucky and they'll work with CMBO

I'm almost sure I did all the snowy carriers as well for CMBO/CMBB last year

Edit Yup: Winterised UK Vehicle mini-pack - CMBO only - uk_winter_vehiclesjh.zip -

Daimler Armored Car

"Mickey Mouse"-style camoflauge scheme.

originally by Gordon Molek.

Humber AC

Looks like original CMAK bmps, with colours altered by unknown

Wasp/Universal Carrier/MMG Carrier

Originally By: Marcel ViÈ aka PawBroon (marcel.vie@wanadoo.fr)

VersionBased on: BTS originals, MODs from Marco Bergman, Audace, Gordon Molek & DeanCo.

BRITWINTERPIC.JPG

[ January 01, 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Your welcome jagcommander, but they may not have been needed after all because the ones in wickys WW AK pack fit into BO slick as a fiddle. And they're a tad bit better in detail, tongue.gif let along done with very a execllent WW effect. :cool:

Just renumber 54400-54409 to 14400-14409. smile.gif

Have you got a screenie to show this?

Edit: wrong end of mod talk stick: Thought you were talking about carriers

Originally posted by DEY:

Your welcome jagcommander, but they may not have been needed after all because the ones in wickys WW AK pack fit into BO slick as a fiddle. And they're a tad bit better in detail, tongue.gif let along done with very a execllent WW effect. :cool:

Just renumber 54400-54409 to 14400-14409. smile.gif

[ January 02, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Thanks Daffy--with the addition of the Sherman croc tailer, all of my units (I believe) have winter mods, except for assault boat. And I'm not sure it should have one, although what can it hurt?

If any modders are interested, it would be nice to have whitewash mods of the British ACs listed above and proper hi-res winter mods for both versions of the Jackson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...