2IC Takes Over From CO

Due to the efforts of Shorker during a PBEM I was provided yet another example of an XO (2IC) taking over from a KIA'd CO.  So my company commander did not die in vain, and since this topic comes up every few months or so, I thought I would share some screenshots of the incident.

Company HQ team that had been coordinating indirect fires on Shorker's forces as they advanced against the objective village.

2CMFI%20Ger%20XO%20Takes%20over%20from%2

The 2IC team becomes the new Company HQ.  Unfortunately they don't yet have access to a radio for C2 purposes. 

CMFI%20Ger%20XO%20Takes%20over%20from%20

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Yep, this just happened to me too.  Just to clarify (because I think this is what's being said here), the new Coy HQ (old XO / 2IC) can ONLY regain radio comms via a vehicle with a radio?  It won't work to co-locate with another HQ (for example) that has a radio.

Dumb question:  Is there a quick and easy way to tell if a jeep / truck / carrier is equipped with a radio?

Approximately how long does it take for an XO/2IC to be designated as a Co CO?  Also, do all the XO/2IC attributes function normally per the prior CO's? 

When a Platoon CO is KIA, and a Co CO takes over, does the Co CO's attributes also function in the same way as the KIA Platoon CO's used to?

I vaguely recall this was all determined some time ago, but a reminder would be great.

Approximately how long does it take for an XO/2IC to be designated as a Co CO?  Also, do all the XO/2IC attributes function normally per the prior CO's?  <Snip>

I have seen this a few times now and it is very quick IME.  IIRC in this case it was the following turn.  If I understand the question ....... The XO/2IC functions with it's own soft factors.  So it is possible the CO was a +1 veteran and the XO, who is now CO, is a - 1 regular.  The typical problem in the WWII titles is that the XO/2IC does not have a radio.  And to re-establish the chain of command with subordinates superiors that are not close by they need a radio.  

<Snip> When a Platoon CO is KIA, and a Co CO takes over, does the Co CO's attributes also function in the same way as the KIA Platoon CO's used to?  <Snip>

The Company CO also has to run the company so there is some difference.  From the game engine manual page 63. 

Higher HQs may fulfill this role only to a limited extent. If a squad or team is out of contact with its immediate superior (usually a platoon HQ) then its company or battalion HQ may provide voice and close visual contact, but not radio or distant-visual contact. This simulates that a higher HQ can’t babysit a large number of units more than one level lower in the organization, and it means that higher HQs can’t be used in a gamey way to make platoon HQs unnecessary, but they can step in and provide command-and-control in a limited radius in emergency situations.     

• 2 weeks later...