New Scenario Option: Let Player Decide About His Units

Since QBs are popular what about an additional option for normal premade scenarios, to let the player decide about the units he wants to use for the scenario, instead of the always totally fixed force?

Maybe the optionality could reach from much freedom to choose similar to QBs, less freedom by choosing among predefined forces (e.g. a regular with 100% strenght, or a much more experienced one with understrenght) or only among certain additional units (e.g.: do you take the 2 flamethrower units or the 2 HMGs?; do you take the Kingtiger or the two Panthers?).

As another option to what ASL Veteran has suggested would be to open the scenario in the editor, delete out the units you don't want for the side you wish to play, add in the units you want to have, resave as the scenario with a new name and enjoy!  The editor really is a magnificent tool and I would encourage you to spend some time checking it out.  I think you will find you can already do the things you suggest with the editor.

Would you want to play the scenario first as is before editing the OOB? Just to leverage the time spent designing it?

After that edit away. But be careful not to unbalance the thing from a force POV and check the AI plans if you are playing the computer

and edit "their" forces. Yes, the editor is fun.

Kevin

If I understand what you are looking for correctly, you would like to be able to load a scenario, read the briefing and then decide between some options for units?  If I am correct you can do this and still be able to be "double blind" by opening up the editor and making the changes to one side only. I would encourage you to try this with a scenario you have already played and am certain you will find it is easy to make the changes you desire.