Firing grenade launchers from buildings, line of sight issue

Nefron

So, I'm trying to clear out a town full of Russians in the Shadow of the Motherland campaign, and so far so good, but I ran into an issue with the AGS-17 grenade launchers. 

I'm trying to position my grenade launcher teams on higher floors of the buildings, where they would have a nice field of fire. I expected that they would attach the grenade launcher to a window or something. Instead, they are barely seeing anything. 

I'm ordering them to face the correct side of the building, and deploying the weapon doesn't help since they just lie down. 

Does anybody has any idea what is going on here? 

The LOS issue is caused by the fact that when they lie down they can't see out of the windows.

There are a lot of LOS issues in CM2 created by the fact that the pixeltruppen are not able to think for themselves and use "common sense" to adjust their position so that they can fire a primary weapon.

They cannot move (say) a HMG or gun a few inches to fire at a target when the 3rd ammo bearer has good LOS to a target. 

I remember having this issue during a PBEM, with a modular building 1st floor. I'll see what I can do in the editor.

A quick test doesn't show up any anomaly, the troops lay down in front of a window, set up the AGS launcher, and then they can shoot it. Maybe the problem is releated to a given building or setup.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

An certain this issue was discussed at great length in the WW2 CM2 games about why (some) MG's either took forever to set up in buildings or never could fire out of a window.  The reason was the same as I gave here earlier...  that at least some support weapons couldn't fire out of a window cos they were too low.  

Am pretty sure that applied to the 50 cal for example - and in recent games I have yet to be able to have a 50 cal deploy to fire out of a window.

Regarding other support weapons fifing out of windows... Was that a bug that has been fixed?

I am quite certain there are no machine guns in the game that cannot deploy in a building and fire out of it. They do have much longer deploy times within buildings, often several minutes. The deploy time listed in the UI will change when they enter a building. If you see a unit take much longer than the listed deploy time it could be a bug but that is a different issue than what the OP is reporting.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

usually i noticed mg and crww served weapons times jump to 2.3 min when in bldgs. however the saxhorn has a staggering 13 second deploy time in bldgs. im not sure if this is a bug or not but its one of the big reasons i take saxhorns along with my at14s and Khriz'

The reason was the same as I gave here earlier... that at least some support weapons couldn't fire out of a window cos they were too low.

You are totally misremembering those discussions. As usual, on point with bad info.

The bug related to weapons setup in buildings (units entering deploying loop) is related to the position chosen along the wall of the building, not anything to do with height of unit / window.

usually i noticed mg and crww served weapons times jump to 2.3 min when in bldgs. however the saxhorn has a staggering 13 second deploy time in bldgs. im not sure if this is a bug or not but its one of the big reasons i take saxhorns along with my at14s and Khriz'

AT-7 and AT-13 can be used shoulder-fired, which I think they default to indoors. Edited by akd

Yes the shoulder fire element is another reason I bring Saxhorns along. Sometimes you REALLY need ATGMs to fire. However I do not know if you.re correct in your assertion about reverting indoors to shoulder fired. they certainly give the option of deploying. Ill zoom in on a team I have in a save that was indoors and killed an US IFV. It had a deploy at the end of the move order. Hmm. Of course shoulder fired would explain why the setup time is 13 seconds...