Suppression AFVs...again

This has been brought up before...

I have an M2 that has had almost every component destroyed.  It is being pummeled by 30mm from some BTRs for a few turns.  It has 0 suppression.  Hasn't even hit one bar.   Is this right?  If a vehicle has all of its components knocked out and is still being hammered, shouldn't it be at least a little nervous.

I have a 500Kb save that the forum won't let me load.  If someone from BFC wants me to send it to them I can.  Or someone can say that is how it should be.  btw, there are no leader, motivation, or experience modifiers.  They are all 0.

I don't think non-penetrating hits cause suppression to AFV crew anymore and I'm pretty sure it's deliberate. And if that's a bad thing you can probably blame me for it to some extent.

A while back (like a year ago or so) I noticed that in the WW2 games British AP that bounced off tanks did not cause any suppression while US, German and Soviet AP did. It became apparent that it was the HE burster charge that was the source of the suppression (the UK used AP shot instead of AP shell). This was rather silly since the burster charge was far too small to be of any concern to the crew when detonating outside the crew compartment. In fact, another tester brought up the fact that the production of suppression was tied more precisely to the distance from the tank at which the burster charge detonated (a shell that bounced far away before blowing up would produce no suppression at all). I brought up this discrepancy to BFC and the suppression effect was removed. Good? Bad? Ugly? Debatable I'm sure, but it's not a bug.

I am not sure it was removed completely.  I think I have seen Russian units get suppression.  I'll have to test it.  It just seems crazy that you can completely strip an APC of all components and just keep pounding away at it with not a lick of effect on the occupants.  Sitting in a blind tin can with 30mm raining on it should at a minimum make them nervous.  That suppression is one of the main things that separates CM from other games, and now it seems part of that is gone.

I also had a game where every single subsystem listed for an M1A2 was destroyed excpet the 120mm.  Yet it was still sitting there pumping out hot death at anything that moved.  It was being pummeled bu 125mm and 30mm and yet not a lick of suppression and status was listed as OK.  It just seems weird that the crew would be unaffected by all the mayhem thrown at it.

Yeah, but no conclusion really came from it and it degenerated pretty fast.  I was looking for something from BFC or BFC-like official channels.  I separated this from that discussion on purpose.  It seemed to work.  That threads 5 pages could have been sorted out in one response like here.

The official answer as just given to me by Charles is ***REDACTED***.

This poster has just been given a 90 day suspension and temporary revocation of his game license.  In addition he is required to eat unflavored oatmeal for breakfast for the next 90 days and the rest of his meals to consist of rat f**ked MREs.

-Battlefront Censor Agency