Firing PIAT inside buildings

Apologies if this is embedded in a thread somewhere but I couldn't find the answer.

I'm tempted to assume it's possible to have units fire PIAT's inside buildings but I'd rather not come unstuck attempting it, so I thought it worthwhile to ask here beforehand.

I ask as I have two Panthers and a StuG attempting a sneaky entrance *spoiler alert* in the scenario below:

Yes, piats can fire from inside buildings, Sirocco. They are spring-loaded (as you probably know), so they've been capable of that from when they were first introduced in CW. After one of the later CMBN upgrades, panzerfausts, 'schrecks and bazookas also have the ability to do that, but with potential consequences to the pixeltruppen in the building, like suppression and wounding.

When you have a little question like this, it's pretty easy to set up a tiny scenario and see. Make the target "Fanatic" and give it a tiny circular Target Arc and troll it around in front of a PIAT team in a building. :) This kind of test often shows other things, too, like how visible those PIATers are to the tank, if you play it in hot-seat.

Yes, piats can fire from inside buildings, Sirocco. They are spring-loaded (as you probably know), so they've been capable of that from when they were first introduced in CW. After one of the later CMBN upgrades, panzerfausts, 'schrecks and bazookas also have the ability to do that, but with potential consequences to the pixeltruppen in the building, like suppression and wounding.

Does the size of the building make a difference with regard to the exhaust? I know the interiors are abstracted but I would imagine the larger buildings would be presumed to have larger rooms.

Thanks for your replies.

Does the size of the building make a difference with regard to the exhaust? I know the interiors are abstracted but I would imagine the larger buildings would be presumed to have larger rooms.

Thanks for your replies.

Not for the PIAT... Don't think anyone's done any testing on the effects of Shreck, zook and Faust on their crews when fired in different sized buildings, at least not that's been published here.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, it makes a big difference.  I have not done extensive testing but I have witnessed a Panzer Shrek team take themselves out of the fight because I had them fire from a shed.  This was in CMRT and the shrek team was inside on of those small long sheds.  I saw them trying to take our a T34 and eventually becoming casualties.  Naturally I tried to figure out where the enemy fire was coming from.  My eventual conclusion was there was no enemy fire.  The first round went out and the assistant went down and the gunner became suppressed.  After the suppression wore off the gunner aimed and fired again and became a casualty.

So, not a test just one example but I have never let a rocket AT weapon fire from in a small space again.

Yes, it makes a big difference.  I have not done extensive testing but I have witnessed a Panzer Shrek team take themselves out of the fight because I had them fire from a shed.  This was in CMRT and the shrek team was inside on of those small long sheds.  I saw them trying to take our a T34 and eventually becoming casualties.  Naturally I tried to figure out where the enemy fire was coming from.  My eventual conclusion was there was no enemy fire.  The first round went out and the assistant went down and the gunner became suppressed.  After the suppression wore off the gunner aimed and fired again and became a casualty.

So, not a test just one example but I have never let a rocket AT weapon fire from in a small space again.

Yep, me too. I had a schreck team injure one of their own squad members by firing within a building.

I had an Infantry team rout themselves out of a room-to-room assault by electing to fire a Faust at enemy revealed by a Blasted down wall. Nailed the poor Para good and proper, but those infantry didn't stop running for a good while.