[Released] Raid on the Pump - Small infantry battle

I finished designing my second scenario.

The setting is that a US infantry platoon+ assaults a Russian mortar battery and battalion HQ at a gas station outside Cherkasy. The challenge for the player is to quickly cause a lot of damage to the Russian target formations and then retreat before he is overrun by the Russian reinforcements.

The map is semi-fictional. It is inspired by a real world location but I changed the scale and some other things.

Blue vs. AI only, H2H might work but I have not tried it.

You can download it here for now (I will see if I get some feedback and eventually also put it on the repository):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9849673/Raid%20on%20the%20Pump.zip

Please tell me what you think, good and bad, and let me know if you find any problems (spelling mistakes, briefing issues, map oddities, scoring bugs etc.).

Nice looking wee map.Just had a very quick run through and ran out of time!

I'd suggest you need to at least double the time in this. I play RT in small scenarios and tend to move slower - giving me time to scope out what's going on. I'm pretty sure though, given the mission, force size and map that even in WEGO the half hour scenario time will be inadequate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Takoda, no rush, there will always be a next weekend!

Thanks George MC. I play WEGO and kind of assumed that time limits would work OK for RT since technically you can do more in RT in the same time since you have more possibilities to give orders. I probably should try RT to see myself how that goes.

The whole idea of the scenario is that you have to be quick and not take your time. It should be 40 minutes, unless I messed something up. I enjoy playing CM "against the clock", I know that some people don't, those will probably not like this scenario. That said, the time frame might be a bit tight, I'll see what others have to say.

• 1 month later...

I added 5 minutes to the red reinforcement schedule and updated the file here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9849673/Raid%20on%20the%20Pump.zip

This should make it a bit easier. I will also submit it to the repository now.

Just played this. Thanks for posting.

It was a fun little battle. I got a Total Victory as the US despite having to leave behind 2 KIA, 4 Incapacited and 1 healthy soldier when I got surprised by some late-arriving Russians. The main attack on the mortar position was a real gung-ho infantry charge across the open by 3 infantry squads using Assault movement. Lots of enemy surrendered during that action. I did not find I had insufficient time except for the poor sods who got bounced on their way off the map. Body count for US was 5 KIA and 8 WIA I think.

Edited by Cpl Steiner

• 1 month later...