Bradleys will not fire TOW2s

Bahger

I don't think the AI is choosing weapons based on the presence or absence of APS. I could be wrong but I imagine there is some decision-making cycle that results in the AI choosing a weapon and sometimes, it comes out "wrong"

All told, I think the AI does great in choosing. I would just like to be able to order my M1 to use its 120mm against a building instead of a machinegun or order my BRADLEY to put a Tow into a building across the Map. No biggie either way

I also would like to see the tows fire more often.

But one thing about the present situation is I have learned to kill tanks with that 25MM. So in some sense. I am glad they have it as is.

Because I really had no clue that gun could take out heavy armor, but it sure can if you get a jump on it from the side or rear at close ranges.

Those cannon were wonderfully effective against the enemy light armour but it cannot be sound tactics to wait for a side aspect or a close-range shot against tanks instead of using the TOW2. I will be a very happy camper if (or hopefully when) this is tweaked in 1.03.

I also would like to see the tows fire more often.

But one thing about the present situation is I have learned to kill tanks with that 25MM. So in some sense. I am glad they have it as is.

Because I really had no clue that gun could take out heavy armor, but it sure can if you get a jump on it from the side or rear at close ranges.

From looking at the patch notes for the upcoming 1.03, those might be lessons you have to unlearn when the patch comes out...

VEHICLE PROTECTION:

* All T-90 variants have increased hull side protection.

...at least in some situations :)

From looking at the patch notes for the upcoming 1.03, those might be lessons you have to unlearn when the patch comes out...

...at least in some situations :)

Oh dear

Are you telling me it has all been a fairy tale and BF did not get it right.

My world has crumpled.

I might get myself killed the next time that real T90 cruses down my street and I jump it from my garage with my Bradley  :rolleyes:

The 25mm Bushmaster will still penetrate the side hull of a T-90 under 1000 meters. IIRC, the side hull on the T-90 is only 60mm thick and 25mm APFSDS DU penetrates 100mm at the muzzle.

Back third yes, front third covered by Kontakt-5 and steel plating. Maybe not on first shots before package has detonated. Driver is safe, gunner, commander, and magazine is not. Sigh.

t-90_line.gif

Edited by Stagler

Adding to the Bradley TC's potential confusion is that the Russians in-game are fielding two different active protection systems, one that is very effective against TOW and one that is not so effective.

u mean Arena and Shtora ?

But is Shtora considered an "active" protection system?

I read somewhere that active ones are those that deploy projectiles to disable the incoming munition, while shtora would lie in the range of passive systems since it deploys smoke screens and jammers.

But anyway, it's just a nomenclature problem probably.

OK, here is a little video of a Bradley vs tanks.  As you can see, the Brad tries to use his cannon but it's the last thing he gets to do.  Of course I realise there are many mitigating factors here; the cannon shot is frontal therefore ineffective, it's 1 vs 2 and the range is probably far too close for a TOW shot but please believe me when I say that three Bradleys have had a target aspect on two tanks at TOW range for the last ten minutes but never took a shot with the TOW2.

One more thing: Can anyone confirm L0ck&Load's statement that Cavalry Bradleys which arrive without embarked infantry squads, can equip non-attached infantry squads with Javelin launchers and missiles?  I know L0ck is much more expert than I am but I wonder if this is true and I just missed it (and therefore lost the battle) or whether he might be mistaken.  Thanks!

https://youtu.be/dFtc_SPpCM8

Edited by Bahger

One more thing: Can anyone confirm L0ck&Load's statement that Cavalry Bradleys which arrive without embarked infantry squads, can equip non-attached infantry squads with Javelin launchers and missiles?  I know L0ck is much more expert than I am but I wonder if this is true and I just missed it (and therefore lost the battle) or whether he might be mistaken.  Thanks!

If there are passenger spaces, any element which will fit (which, if there are 4 spaces, will require the squad to be split) can board and acquire the cargo of the vehicle. Note that empty crew spaces don't count as passenger spaces, and only the eligible crew can mount into those. If you get a "board" arrow as your cursor when you select an infantry element, select a movement order and hover your mouse cursor over the vehicle, they can get in it. Or on it, if it's got tank rider spaces (which I don't expect Bradleys do :) ).