Possible Bugs for Older Campaigns Created with earlier Engines?

Hi Thanks for the responses so far..

No I have not tried V2 engine but depending on time and activations I might or might not try that version to see if it is different.

Ian has offered to send my test files up the chain and I hope to get them over to him today with a better explanation of what I have done.

I guess if anyone has a V2 Engine we could try loading my saved V1.11 engine files and see what happens...

I might get time this weekend to do some more testing and will maybe see what happens if I load my V1.11 saved game into the V3 engine...

Also Ian has said he will send me link to campaign tool (that or I use google fuu / RTFM) when I get time to find it...

I plan to see if I can use it to look at V1.11 Scottish Corridor files and see what is missing compared to V3.

As mentioned it could be a ToE issue or maybe an engine issue, not really sure.

Also I think it might be only affecting a small number of the campaigns and secnarios within the campaign as I have not seen that many notes...

It could also be that people know no better and hence don't spot the issue? That tied into a small pool of people playing campaigns as CMBS seems to have the larger polayer base at the moment?

• 1 month later...

So what I reported back to Ian on 30th April

I managed to get version 1.11 of engine loaded and played the exact same campaign in same way as I did with V3 engine.

It proved that in the V1.11 version of DLH second scenario I got all the Panthers turn up. I.e. 5

But in V3 engine you only get 2 Panthers arrive in Scenario 2.

So there is something amiss between V3 engine and V1.11 engine.

As I stopped testing after proving that I did no further tests. I think it is fairly clear something is broken, but as I have other things I would rather do with my limited time I have done no more to further this...

Later this year when I take a break from work my limited time levels will change and I might put more time into trying to get this sorted as I do think it is a shame that old campaigns seemed to be broken...

I briefly looked at trying to open up campaign in old version 1.11 vs engine 3 and do a line by line compare but the tool Ian L kindly pointed me too, did not look easy to use and I have other projects that need my time more...

:(

I know IanL and C3K are volunteers and are just as restricted as me for free time and other things on their hit list so not expecting anything, just trying to help nudge this up the hit list for the guys who are paid.... (and yes I know they have better things to be doing as we are waiting on new releases etc....)

:)

A very interesting topic Holien. Good stuff!  So, I am currently playing the superior and wonderful campaign "The Scottish Corridor" by PaperTiger and I noticed at battle #11, "No Hiding Pace", that I was missing some Churchills. The briefing clearly states that I was to begin the battle with 12 Churchills, yet I was only given eight!  This campaign is challenging enough without disappearing equipment!

Do you have a save game that you can send to ChrisND so that he can log it as a bug? (see the thread below regarding stealth tanks)

I will see if I do...I usually delete the old files as I move on in the campaign. If I do have a file, it will be an end game file. Will that suffice?

• 1 month later...

No, I am away from PC at moment doing some travelling and using a nexus to post. I only bumped this thread to try and prove my point that it was not just one campaign afflicted by the bug. I had assumed that the BFS squad would work out root cause and then do impact assessment on all campaigns? That could of course be what they are doing?

When I get back, and if nothing has been updated I will pursue further....

But as I am not playing at moment I am not too bothered, and even when I do get back plenty of other scenarios to keep me occupied....