I had bought this game and it's very sad that this game has no multiplayer server

SFODA371

Indeed the game is quite old concept when it comes to multiplayer. Play by email, while suiting well a turn-based game, has no real support, such as an automatic in-game lobby or system that tracks the ongoing games and let you play without the need of external supports (email accounts, dropbox accounts etc.).

The direct play option is quite hard to work with.

I belive that there will be some kind of new multiplayer support with the next generation of combat mission games, not any sooner.

As for the reason of slow development of multiplayer features we should remember that the company is very small, the budget and time constraints do not allow for the same pace of development of larger companies with broader constraints.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

WEGO only player here: I don't think a lobby would help me much in finding opponents. Committing to a game that will last at least several weeks if not months needs some kind of trust. This I can find in one of several hobby clubs. Each club has its own appeal so I can choose the one I like best.

A BFC lobby would have all sorts of players and this would make finding a suitable opponent more difficult.

OTOH I would like CM to have more interfaces to control or be controlled from the outside. That would give players the freedom to add what they like.

I recently saw an article that took the reader on a tour of the 'Candy Crush' corporate offices. It was mind-blowing. Some of these 'little' games are BIG corporate concerns with budgets and overhead that we can scarcely fathom. BFC is rather the opposite, its a 'BIG' game produced by a 'little' company. Every item needs to be carefully weighed in terms of return on investment. Setting up a dedicated multiplayer lobby as though they were a million dollar operation would be cool but the added overhead might sink the boat entirely if it doesn't justify its existence with sufficiently increased sales.

WEGO only player here: I don't think a lobby would help me much in finding opponents. Committing to a game that will last at least several weeks if not months needs some kind of trust. This I can find in one of several hobby clubs. Each club has its own appeal so I can choose the one I like best.

A BFC lobby would have all sorts of players and this would make finding a suitable opponent more difficult.

OTOH I would like CM to have more interfaces to control or be controlled from the outside. That would give players the freedom to add what they like.

i am hunting wego players. pm me if interested in a game