Several questions - ???

I'm always thought that from CMx2 time the basic game rule is 'what you see is what you get'. But now something I can't understand:

1. Here is 'from the eyes view' from my Tiger tank.

post-70096-0-41643900-1425724472_thumb.j

Trees are on, zoom 3x, clear visibility, unbuttoned, no incoming fire, no any smoke etc. 

I can see at least 2 T-34s. OK, #2 is concealed by trees. But #1!!! Tiger stayed in this position for 2 min. Can't see nothing.

Why?

2. T-34 #1 is clearly see Tiger, last turn he fired at it. He can't penetrate the Tiger's armor, but he bravely keeping his place. In CMBB he of no doubt will pulled itself back by TacAI. Why not do the same in CMRT?

3. Why my german 81mm mortar (not pinned, have ammo) don't want fire smoke rounds? LOS is blue. And it don't reject to fire HE rounds at the same spot.

4. In current PBEM game one of my PzIV's is appeared with and other (same model) without skirts. Are any difference between panzers with and without 'shurzen'? I mean only their external graphical view in game, of course. Or if graphic  model with missed parts of skirt - are these zones are more vulnerable for ATR bullets, for example? 

5. Mod question. In PBEM game after every reload my armor (not modded) still look the same - those without skirts is still without it, those with full skirts - still with full skirts. (I repeat - model is the same). If I will install Airis mod, for example with T-34's numbers on turrets - are they stay under the same number after each reload or they will changed it randomly?

While its described that way there are still.abstractions. and you as a godkike entity can see those t34s probabaly, depending.on your.difficulty setting,because other units can see it. What u see is what u get doesnt mean u see a t34 so every unit u have does too. If u want to go backwards in.realism in have that play cmx1. Fact is the tiger hasnt spotted the t34s.. yet.

1) What Sublime said. Spotting isn't automatic. Sometimes units are unlucky.

2) No idea. You would have to post a save game file

3) Tanks in CMBB retreated more readily than in CMRT.

4) The skirts are not just cosmetic. The tanks really are more vulnerable to AT rifles where they are missing.

5) I don't know.]

Spotting is complicated. The only way you will get anything like a correct answer as to why the kitty can't see the targets is if you put the saved turn somewhere people can grab it, load it into their RT and analyse it. You have, for sure, tried to cover all the bases in what you've typed, but you never can. Put the turn in Dropbox and post a link, and someone might be able to help you, or pat you on the back and tell you "Well done! You found a bug!" Until you do that, everyone else is just going to have to shrug and say "Don't know what's going on, or what factor you're missing."

1. Okay, I suppose here is RND operator against my Tiger crew. Because they still cant spot lucky T-34. And all good carma goes to Panter with very damaged optics - she run around the building, spot one T-34 (#2), kill it, spot another T-34-85 inside a woods, kill it, spot T-34 #1, kill it. All this without even a backfire from russians. 

So, spotting is randomed.

Some additional data - distance 500 m, Game Level Iron

4. So this is again the random thing? For the same money (points in QB) I can buy a little more or little less protected tank? It's realistic thing, don't know about this.  

Edited by Denis1973

I'm always thought that from CMx2 time the basic game rule is 'what you see is what you get'. But now something I can't understand:

1. Here is 'from the eyes view' from my Tiger tank.

attachicon.gifTiger cantsee1.jpg

Trees are on, zoom 3x, clear visibility, unbuttoned, no incoming fire, no any smoke etc. 

I can see at least 2 T-34s. OK, #2 is concealed by trees. But #1!!! Tiger stayed in this position for 2 min. Can't see nothing.

Why?

2. T-34 #1 is clearly see Tiger, last turn he fired at it. He can't penetrate the Tiger's armor, but he bravely keeping his place. In CMBB he of no doubt will pulled itself back by TacAI. Why not do the same in CMRT?

3. Why my german 81mm mortar (not pinned, have ammo) don't want fire smoke rounds? LOS is blue. And it don't reject to fire HE rounds at the same spot.

4. In current PBEM game one of my PzIV's is appeared with and other (same model) without skirts. Are any difference between panzers with and without 'shurzen'? I mean only their external graphical view in game, of course. Or if graphic  model with missed parts of skirt - are these zones are more vulnerable for ATR bullets, for example? 

5. Mod question. In PBEM game after every reload my armor (not modded) still look the same - those without skirts is still without it, those with full skirts - still with full skirts. (I repeat - model is the same). If I will install Airis mod, for example with T-34's numbers on turrets - are they stay under the same number after each reload or they will changed it randomly?

Lt Kemp is still arguing with Gunner Halm. He is shouting down into the turret, and so cannot see the T-34s.

So, spotting is randomed.

There is a random element to spotting, yes, but it's a minor component most of the time. There may well be some other factor in play that you're just not seeing.

Some additional data - distance 500 m, Game Level Iron

The game "difficulty" level has no impact on the relative spotting abilities. AI and human players have exactly the same rulesets governing their actions. There isn't any documented difference in the ability of any element to spot things across the "difficulty" levels: they are mostly "difficulty of interacting with the game environment" levels.

4. So this is again the random thing? For the same money (points in QB) I can buy a little more or little less protected tank? It's realistic thing, don't know about this.

It's just the luck of the draw. In the same way that you can get an infantry unit that has better stats once one or more of its members die, because they're an average rating. You pay for the rating; there's some variation of how it's made up.

Post the turn in dropbox, link it here and people might be able to answer your question about spotting. It's not hard.

Edited by womble

Post the turn in dropbox, link it here and people might be able to answer your question about spotting. It's not hard.

It is two problems here. 

1st - I haven't Dropbox and not needed it

2nd - it is a PBEM game so I don't know the oppo's password. 

They will stay the way they look for the duration of the game.

If the mod gives Tank #1 the number 221 and tank #2 is number 13, Tank #1 will remain with number 221 and #2 will always be number 13. :)

Edited by Baneman

It is two problems here. 

1st - I haven't Dropbox and not needed it

Google for "Dropbox". It's a web-hosted file storage. Very useful. Entirely free to use. Good for exchanging PBEM turns, too.

2nd - it is a PBEM game so I don't know the oppo's password.

Doesn't much matter. The people who're looking at your turn only need your password. So probably best to say "Here's the link; PM me if you want the password so you can examine what's going on with the spotting". Now, it might be that because they can only see one side of the turn it's harder to tell what's going on, but if that's the case, perhaps your opponent would consent to sending his half of the game in and releasing his password to the third party doing the investigation.