Can you tell what knocked out your UAV?

Bahger

I will never learn what the approximate safe distances are from suspected enemy units to deploy UAVs until I learn what knocks them down and from how far away, etc.  Is there any way to look at the turn replay and deduce what might have happened?  I do not believe you get any notification of a hit on your UAV, just red type in its deployment box that says "Knocked Out".

Different issue, what killed it and actual deployment. The location you tell a UAV to oversee and its location are entirely unrelated. Try this. Create a map with a huge spike right down the middle. Put a Tunguska on each side. Tell your UAV to spot the one on the enemy side of the map.

The Tunguska on your side will shoot it down.

Odd yes. It has to do the code required to add UAVs. Their game location is on your map edge regardless of where you tell them to observe therefore their being spotted has to do with a location distinct from the observation location.

If it is a micro UAV the only thing that can shoot it down is a Tunguska. If a larger UAV it may be susceptible to manpads and SAMs. To see the TG shoot it down, you need eyes on the TG. Hence your first mission in CMBS is really no different than the other titles. You want human eyes on anything you can before you launch UAVs unless you have a gray eagle. If you have one of those get it aloft immediately.

I just wish there was some sort of verbal prompt to let you know when you lose a UAV.  Right now the only indicator is a large explosion which can be confusing if you not expecting it or missed during an artillery barrage.  Usually I only figure it out when I go to move it and I see the knocked out message.  I wish there was some sort of line like "we just lost the UAV, sir" or something so I knew it was gone.

I just wish there was some sort of verbal prompt to let you know when you lose a UAV.  Right now the only indicator is a large explosion which can be confusing if you not expecting it or missed during an artillery barrage.  Usually I only figure it out when I go to move it and I see the knocked out message.  I wish there was some sort of line like "we just lost the UAV, sir" or something so I knew it was gone.

Whgen you check your air assets you find out! :D