Infantry and DESTROY OBJECTIVE...possible ?

Hello...

I have been trying a few things in the editor but have not been able to get this to work...

I have an idea for a scenario in wich one of the objectives will be for some engineers to demolish a building (using the DESTROY option with the TERRAIN OBJECTIVES).

I cant get this to work...

According to the manual you should be able to set buildings as DESTROY OBJECTIVES and be able to get points for them if you DESTROY or DAMAGE them.

- I have tried with a single story building and having my engineers blow out all 4  walls...No points...Despite severe damage !

- I have tried with a single TALL WALL and completally leveled it to the ground with the use of 2 blast commands...No points !

Do you guys have any tips on how to get this to work ?

Thanks/ RepsolCBR

I will put a note in the developer's 'to do' box to address this problem.  Quite likely that ENG generated 'damage' from blast is not recognized as 'damage/destruction' for VPs.  No guarantee, but possible it gets addressed in a patch.  Suspect you've found an issue common across CM, but won't know w/o further test.

I will put a note in the developer's 'to do' box to address this problem.  Quite likely that ENG generated 'damage' from blast is not recognized as 'damage/destruction' for VPs.  No guarantee, but possible it gets addressed in a patch.  Suspect you've found an issue common across CM, but won't know w/o further test.

Many thaks for your assistance  :)

Hopefully this could be adressed...

Wait a second, did you try to completely raze the building?

I did what i could with infantry/engineers...

- Blasted through all 4 walls of a single story building...Anything more then that does not seem to be possible without heavy weapons...The building was still standing but it was most certanly damaged...

- The TALL WALL was completallty leveled to the ground...(maybe a single wall like that could not be considered a structure...but i thought i would give it a try...)

I just tried this and got the same results. So I switched it up and changed the objective to a preserve for the Russians. The American breach teams blew out all four walls but the building did not come down. The breach teams would not set off any more demo charges to bring the building down the rest of the way.  After a quick ceasefire and still no points were awarded. So unfortunately this will not be a simple work around. Hopefully a patch can solve this.

Try with a tank or arty, and try to completely raze the building.

That will most likely work but what i want to be able to do is to have infantry/engineers complete such an objective...

From the manual...

destroy_zpsstggwch6.png

Taking out all 4 walls on a ONE TILE building would be considered DAMAGED atleast in my book...

Right now the only way to achive this objective seems to be...as you mentioned to flatten it completally... with HE.

I just tried this and got the same results. So I switched it up and changed the objective to a preserve for the Russians. The American breach teams blew out all four walls but the building did not come down. The breach teams would not set off any more demo charges to bring the building down the rest of the way.  After a quick ceasefire and still no points were awarded. So unfortunately this will not be a simple work around. Hopefully a patch can solve this.

Thanks, Heirloom

I was about to test this...Sorry to hear it does not work...

I belive the problem is that infantry seems not capable of blowing up an entire building alone. I'll take a look at it.
A possible solution might be to change building.

I tried, and indeed infantry can't destroy a building, therefore the DESTROY command seems more suited for heavies weapons.

In CMBS infantry carries brach kits more than demo charges, so it makes sense they can't completely blow up a building.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Ok, I did some testing, got some interesting responses.

-Suppose you place a single building inside a single game tile.

-Suppose that you paint "terrain objective - destroy" on that very single tile, and give it 1000 points.

-Take a tank or a Bradley, make them raze the building (tearing it down completely until it collapses).

-Result: you get 1000 points for complete objective achievement.

-Suppose that you paint "terrain objective - destroy" on that tile and the 8 Tiles around it, and those Tiles only have grass on them, and give it 1000 points.

-Take a tank or a Bradley, make them raze the building (tearing it down completely until it collapses).

-Result: you get 500 points for partial objective achievement.

-Suppose that you paint "terrain objective - destroy" on that very single tile, and give it 1000 points.

-Take a tank or a Bradley, make them just damage the building (destroy a wall).

-Result: you get no points.

Now, repeating the two above with an engineer squad, using all its demo charges (breach kits) on the building, and without tearing down the building (because evidently their equipment isn't powerful enough), you won't get any point.

Seems to me you really need to raze the building to get the points, but be careful of where you paint your terrain objective - destroy.

Either the manual is not correct (the word "damage" should be removed), or the game doesn't recognize "damaged" as a sufficient condition to award the points.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)