Panic behavior

Hafer

One thing i really hate is the panic bahavior.

Situation (e.g.):

My squat is entrenching in a house. Then after an enemy sniper killed one squat member all of the other soldier got paniced and run out the house into the open. Seconds later everyone got killed...

Seriously not even the dumbest ISIS-goat****er will behave like this.. i mean.. wtf! WTF!  :P

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Edited by Hafer

Seriously not even the dumbest ISIS-goat****er will behave like this.. i mean.. wtf! WTF!  :P

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I think you just got unlucky there, In my experience, when soldiers panic they do usually get themselves into better cover. When they don't I just shrug it off and figure they must have really lost it due to not knowing what the f*ck is going on and just running away from the immediate threat. In war throughout history the most casualties were incurred when one side routs - i.e. runs away in blind panic. Following your logic no side in history would ever have been decimated after having routed from the field. We have an automatic "fight or flight" response to danger that evolved when the threat was a wild animal or spear-throwing cave-man, not a supersonic sniper round.

Edited by Cpl Steiner

I think you just got unlucky there, In my experience, when soldiers panic they do usually get themselves into better cover. When they don't I just shrug it off and figure they must have really lost it due to not knowing what the f*ck is going on and just running away from the immediate threat. In war throughout history the most casualties were incurred when one side routs - i.e. runs away in blind panic. Following your logic no side in history would ever have been decimated after having routed from the field. We have an automatic "fight or flight" response to danger that evolved when the threat was a wild animal or spear-throwing cave-man, not a supersonic sniper round.

Ok, Steiner, thanx for your answer. But i don't think the outgoing of a battle is determined by routing units. One side is assaulting a position. And just before that arty or other fire is soften up the defence. One team is giving supporting fire one team is assaulting. And i think trained defenders always stay or fall back to a better position without (and thats the point) running into enemy fire or to open ground.

Edited by Hafer

I also started a thread about this a few days ago, there is something wrong with the panic behavior, especially when inside a building.

This implies that being inside a building in CM:BS is "safer" than being outside it, or behind it. Bugging out the back door and using the entire building for cover IS safer in most situations. It's just that the TAC-AI isn't smart enough to identify those situations when it would be suicide.

This implies that being inside a building in CM:BS is "safer" than being outside it, or behind it. Bugging out the back door and using the entire building for cover IS safer in most situations. It's just that the TAC-AI isn't smart enough to identify those situations when it would be suicide.

And thats the problem, i think the panic behavior needs some tweaking, especially for soldiers in buildings, they are bugging out to quickly and often just run towards (!) the enemy...