of XMAS bones and more

Hi All

Besides the Key highlights already slipped as teasers, and possibilities in the upcoming CM:"BotB" i was wondering whether new (completely new?) features can make it as well. Im not sure whether there are extensive threads on the coming points.

1) How about immobilised tanks. Can they be 'repaired' on site and make them mobile again?

2) How 'real' is it/was it for amis or axis to grab weapons from opposite sides ? i.e, amis from axis and vice-versa. (i have a feeling this is not very feasible and not very realistic)

3) better still, can amis use AT gun from axis if the manning team are killed BUT the AT gun is intact... and similar scenarios, such as for e.g., a typical MG-42 MG nest... if the amis can manage to 'occupy' the nest, why can't they use the MG-42 ?

Just small thoughts

I can't answer for Battlefront but here's my tuppence worth...

1. Repairs to immobilised vehicles are not within the time frame of CM battles.

2. This has been batted to and fro in previous threads and can't really be replicated within CM.

3. Simple answer is "No". 

1. ok

2. I don\t want to battle more :)

3. this is not a valid answer for me... i mean. The CM function 'acquire' - could it be that this is where it should be exploited most ? AT least at least... let's say a German PAK team is killed, but Gun is intact... if i bring close by a scout team, can they 'acquire' it ? and use it ? (Speaking of own equipment here, and not between different forces) However, if this is in place... i don't see why not it can't be applied across forces.

3. this is not a valid answer for me... i mean. The CM function 'acquire' - could it be that this is where it should be exploited most ? AT least at least... let's say a German PAK team is killed, but Gun is intact... if i bring close by a scout team, can they 'acquire' it ? and use it ? (Speaking of own equipment here, and not between different forces) However, if this is in place... i don't see why not it can't be applied across forces.

Nope, nope, and nope, and not gonna happen code-wise in the future. Seek and you shall find plenty of discussion here about this in prior topics.

... i mean. The CM function 'acquire' - could it be that this is where it should be exploited most ? AT least at least... let's say a German PAK team is killed, but Gun is intact... if i bring close by a scout team, can they 'acquire' it ? and use it ? (Speaking of own equipment here, and not between different forces) However, if this is in place... i don't see why not it can't be applied across forces.

Consider that currently your own men cannot re-man your own ATG that has been "abandoned". So getting enemies to do it ( even if the will existed ) would be very far down the coding line. ;)

And as has been mentioned in previous threads on the topic - BFC tend not to spend their time modelling rare/unusual/singular events.

So.. Why didn't this happen ? Could it be that forces didn't bother learning each other's weapons ? Why the waste ?

Even if the event you postulate occurred - you'd need a trained ATG team to have much hope of using an enemy ATG - your "scout team" wouldn't be likely to even have training on their own ATG's. But your own ATG guys have their own gun. So you'd need an ATG team whose gun has been knocked out but who survived. Then they'd have to get to the ATG position you've overrun.

You can see how both the chances of it happening and the return for the coding effort would be vanishingly small.

Edited by Baneman

Add the chances that the gun is still in a workable condition and hasn't been "spiked" by any fleeing gunners (draining the recoil damper hydraulic fluid out, removing the sight, [any other expedient disablement]), the failure to do so being a court martial offense, and the consideration that any of those ATG shells might have a primed grenade tucked underneath, and you'll see that the chance of an enemy gun being returned to use by overrunning grunts is so slender as to not be worth considering.

It;s so nice reading these concepts  ;)  This is raw hardcore metal with no laser guide scaling down far away. Do you think WW2 lovers will also share enthusiasm with modern CMBS gameplay ? I own the full franchise of WW2 (i.e., Normandy + Italy + East Front)... i find it internally difficult to shift my attention to 2017.

It;s so nice reading these concepts  ;)  This is raw hardcore metal with no laser guide scaling down far away. Do you think WW2 lovers will also share enthusiasm with modern CMBS gameplay ? I own the full franchise of WW2 (i.e., Normandy + Italy + East Front)... i find it internally difficult to shift my attention to 2017.

I had my doubts when I moved from CMx1 ww2 to CMx2 and Shock Force, Im only interested in ww2 I thought. I was blown away by Shock Force. I think you should give the demo of Black Sea a spin to decide if its for you or not. 

Is there a demo downloadable as of now ?

Not for Black Sea, but there is for Shock Force. The demo generally isn't released until some time after the full game is out because there is more work in eliding non-functional elements from the finished game than just finishing the game.

I had my doubts when I moved from CMx1 ww2 to CMx2 and Shock Force, Im only interested in ww2 I thought. I was blown away by Shock Force. I think you should give the demo of Black Sea a spin to decide if its for you or not. 

+1.  I am totally hooked on CMSF now.  CMSF2 is a big item for me to see released, I can't wait for that one.   As to CMBS, I was skeptical.  Partly for the simple reason that I have no real understanding of the weapons systems, how they function together and what that means for tactics.  It is far different than WW2.  I am however finding it fascinating.  On top of that, it just looks really cool.  SAM trails in the sky, APS systems stopping that AT rocket just before it kills your HQ team track.  Infantry teams hunting armor from across the map.  Arty strikes out of the blue with no spotting rounds nailing your AFV hiding behind a building because your opponent has a UAV hovering somewhere overhead.  This game is another big winner for BF and in a class of it's own.  I don't think there is anything at all out there like this.