Red vs Red, Blue vs Blue...how to mix forces

So, I was finally starting to get the hang of making scenarios and was wondering how you made a Red vs Red or Blue vs Blue or mixed scenario?  Like JOINT VENTURE?

If I wanted to make some sort of Afghan scenario, how would I select Uncon or Syrian forces for the Blue side?  

Maybe I'm dense but I don't see a way to do this from the basic unit selection menu on the editor?

Is there a thread that covered this?

Thanks.

Not that it makes a huge difference to the mechanics of the thing but it is worth noting that the first unit selected on either side will determine what your scenario end screen says. For instance if I want to use Syrian Army as ANA forces partnered with USMC as the Blue Force then if the first unit selected in the force pick screen is a Syrian Army unit your end game screen will say 'Syrian Army Victory/Defeat'.